About the course
PCI DSS Foundation Training Course
This one-day introduction course, fully updated for the PCI DSS v3.2, provides a comprehensive overview of the fundamentals of PCI DSS compliance, and delivers practical guidance on how it applies to your organisation.
By attending this course, you will gain a clear understanding of the various requirements of the PCI DSS and discover the intent behind each of its requirements. It will enable you to understand what is required for compliance before your organisation undergoes an assessment. Practical guidance and real-world examples will be given, providing students with a basic understanding of what the Standard is all about.
The benefits of the PCI DSS Foundation course
It is important for any organisation that accepts card payments to educate its employees involved in PCI DSS compliance. By undertaking this training course, attendees will:
- Learn how to understand and implement the various requirements of PCI DSS, reducing the risk of any possible data breach;
- Understand the different levels of compliance required by merchants and service providers;
- Gain an understanding of the controls necessary for your organisation to be able to safely handle cardholder data; and
- Learn the process for reporting compliance (self-assessment and audit).
The PCI DSS Foundation course pass rate
The average pass rate for this course is 90%.
Who should attend this course?
Anybody accepting credit card payments, including merchants, third-party service providers and acquirers. The course is suitable for a broad audience, including departments such as finance, internal audit, IT, sales and business, professionals such as executives, managers and staff, and anyone who is interested in learning more about the PCI DSS and its requirements.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
IT Governance Ltd is a QSA (Qualified Security Assessor) approved by the PCI SCC (Security Standards Council), which means we regularly audit PCI compliance across a wide range of organisations.
By choosing us for PCI training you benefit from our wealth of practical experience gained as a QSA. Our course provides a practical, hands-on approach, allowing attendees to gain a clear understanding of the PCI DSS and the tools needed to apply that knowledge in their organisation’s payment environment.
- We’re a QSA (Qualified Security Assessor) – we’re approved by the PCI SCC (Security Standards Council), which means we regularly audit PCI compliance across a wide range of organisations.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the PCI DSS Foundation course cover?
- Outline of payment processes
- PCI DSS eco-sphere
- Why the PCI DSS?
- Where does it apply?
- The six control objectives
- The 12 requirements
- Compliance enforcement
- Remediation and non-compliance
- Compliance structures
- Self-assessment or audit?
- The purpose of the PCI DSS and the requirement for protection of cardholder data.
- PCI DSS objectives and intent.
- Related PCI standards and programmes.
- Understand how PCI DSS compliance is enforced by the payment brands.
- Compliance needs for merchants and service providers. Explanation of the different levels.
- Understand how compliance to the Standard must be reported by merchants and service providers.
- Overview of the 12 standard requirements.
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file); and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
We recommend you bring a laptop or tablet to view your digital course materials.
Your complete training programme
This course is part of our training programme. You can download your training pathway below to find your next recommended courses.
Course duration and times
1 Day: 9:30 am – 5:00 pm
This course is equivalent to 7 CPD/CPE points.
PCI DSS Foundation exam
This course is an introductory course with no exam.
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course