About the course
The Certified BS 10012 PIMS Lead Implementer course outline
Learn how to implement BS 10012:2017 +A1 2018 and demonstrate compliance with the GDPR while embedding data management in your organisation’s culture. The Standard integrates well with other leading global standards, such as ISO 27001, for total GDPR compliance.
Need this information to hand? Why not download our product summary with all essential course information you need for budget requests.
Who should attend this course?
Those responsible for implementing a PIMS or individuals who wish to understand the benefits of BS 10012 compliance.
- Privacy managers
- Data protection managers
- Information security managers
- IT managers
- Project managers
- Corporate governance managers
- Risk and compliance managers
- General or privacy counsels
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re the leading global provider of cyber risk and privacy training.
- We are leaders in the GDPR and ISO 27001 - all our courses are designed by experts and delivered by experienced trainers. .
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available to download 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the course cover?
- Understanding what a PIMS is
- Managing system standards
- Overview of BS 10012
- PIMS project roadmap
- Setting up a PIMS framework
- Managing PIMS-related risks
- Implementing a PIMS
- Measuring, monitoring, reviewing and improving the PIMS
- Certification audit
What’s included in the course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments.
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file).
- The BS 10012 Certified PIMS Lead Implementer exam.
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This course qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits.
BS 10012 Certified PIMS Lead Implementer exam
Attendees sit the BS 10012 Certified PIMS Lead Implementer examination.
What qualifications will I receive?
- Exams are taken online (either remotely or by computer in the classroom), and provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||London|