About the course
The flagship of our ISO 27001 Implementation Learning Pathway, this advanced-level course is focused on developing the in-depth knowledge and skills required to implement and deliver an ISMS.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer or as part of an implementation team.
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- IT/ Information Security Officer
- IT/ Information Security Project Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Risk Assessor
- Risk Manager
- Cyber security consultant
- Head of IT
- CISO (Chief Information Security Officer)
- GDPR Consultant
- Information security analyst
- ISMS Manager
- Network manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
IT Governance is internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001. Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 7,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
What does the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer and ISO 27005 Risk Management Combination training course cover?
The course will cover
- Why information security management (ISM) is important to an organisation.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- The importance of information security risk management in ISO 27001 and its role within an organisation.
- A full overview of the ISO 27005 information risk management standard and an understanding of key risk management terminology.
- How ISO 27005 is related to the ISO 31000:2009 risk management standard.
- The key information security risk assessment processes, including context establishment, risk assessment, risk treatment and monitoring/review.
- How to assess, analyse and treat identified information security risks in accordance with the guidance of ISO 27005.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure you that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- Project mandate
- Project initiation
- ISMS initiation
- Management framework
- Baseline security criteria
- Risk management
- Annex A controls
- Measure, monitor, review and improve
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer exam;
- The ISO 27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points.
Exams and qualifications
ISO 27001 Lead Implementer and ISO 27005 Risk Management Combination training course exams
Attendees sit the online ISO 27001 CIS LI examination a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ at the end of day 1. You also sit the ISO 27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking these exams.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) and ISO 27005 Certified ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course