About the course
The Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor Live Online training course outline
This fully accredited course equips you with the skills to conduct second-party (supplier) and third-party (external and certification) audits. Build your career as a lead auditor, lead a team of auditors and achieve compliance with ISO 27001.
This course is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP), and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A3, A7, C1, C2, D2, E3, F2, H1 and H2; and at Level 1+: A2, A4, A5, A6, B1, B2, D1, E1, E2, F1 and G1
Need this information to hand? Why not download our product summary with all essential course information you need for budget requests.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at individuals who want a globally-recognised ISO 27001 lead auditor qualification to further their careers, and at managers who are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- Compliance Auditor
- GDPR consultant
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Head of IT
- Information and risk manager
- Information security analyst
- Information Security Officer
- Internal Auditor
- ISMS manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor Live Online training course cover?
The course will cover:
- An overview of the structure and major requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
- An overview of the audit process used by certification bodies.
- The purpose, benefits and core principles of effective auditing.
- Common auditing terms and definitions.
- Critical skills required for performing an audit.
- Best-practice audit methodology based on ISO 19011.
- How to establish, maintain and manage an audit programme.
- How to plan, conduct, report, summarise and follow-up on an audit.
- Effective interviewing techniques and observation skills.
- How to use audits to identify nonconformities and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- How to assess and evaluate the competence of auditors.
- Accredited certification audit specifics.
- How the audit process is used in first, second and third-party audits.
- How to apply continual improvement of the ISMS.
- Purpose and benefits of audits
- Role of auditors
- Role of standards in audits
- Audit terms and definitions
- Principles of auditing
- Managing an audit programme
- Auditing an Information Security Management System to ISO 27001:2013
- Performing an audit
- Observing and listening
- Reporting and Summarising Audit Findings
- Conducting Audit Follow-up
- Competence and Evaluation of Auditors&
- Accredited Certification Audit specifics
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
This course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session. Anyone booked on this course is expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office. You will need to take the exam on a PC, Mac or laptop. Docked devices cannot be used when sitting the exam.
To ensure that the WebEx client works properly on your computer, we recommend using the test session functionality offered by WebEx.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am – 5.00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am – 5.00 pm
Day 4: 9:00 am – 5.00 pm
Day 5: 9:00 am – 1.00 pm
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor Live Online Masterclass exam
Attendees sit the online ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking this exam.
To sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox version 16 (or later);
- Internet access for the full time of the exam;
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker; and
- A working webcam on the machine you are using to sit the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course