About the course
The Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Live Online training course outline
This fully accredited, practitioner-led course equips you to lead an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS implementation project. Win new business by securing your organisation’s information assets and reducing data security risks with real-world expertise and practical insights.
This course is accredited by The Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, G1, H1 and H2.
Unique Live Online training
- All the interactive benefits of classroom training from the convenience of your desk.
- Fits into your normal schedule, with courses taking place between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Available from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Save the time of unnecessary travel or periods away from work.
- Reduced cost with no travel or accommodation required.
- Interactive instruction delivered by an expert trainer.
- Immediate access to online exams.
The benefits of the Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Live Online training course
- Save time and travel costs with ISO 27001 online training delivered to any location with Internet access.
- Developed by acknowledged ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, and drawing from their industry-leading implementation guide IT Governance: An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001 / ISO27002.
- Delivered by an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant who will use a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies.
- Learn about the nine steps to ISO 27001 success.
- Achieve an internationally recognised ISO 27001 qualification certificated to ISO 17024 in just three days.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer or as part of an implementation team.
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- IT/ Information Security Officer
- IT/ Information Security Project Manager
- Cyber security consultant
- Head of IT
- CISO (Chief Information Security Officer)
- GDPR Consultant
- Information security analyst
- ISMS Manager
- Network manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Live Online training course cover?
This course will cover:
- Why information security management (ISM) is important to an organisation.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure you that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- Project mandate
- Project initiation
- ISMS initiation
- Management framework
- Baseline security criteria
- Risk management
- Annex A controls
- Measure, monitor, review and improve
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
This course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session. Anyone booked on this course is expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office. You will need to take the exam on a PC, Mac or laptop. Docked devices cannot be used when sitting the exam.
To ensure that the WebEx client works properly on your computer, we recommend using the test session functionality offered by WebEx.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am – 5.00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am – 5.00 pm
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points.
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Live Online training course exam
Attendees take the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI), ISO 17024-certificated, exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 90-minute multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 40 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
To sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox version 16 (or later);
- Internet access for the full time of the exam;
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker; and
- A working webcam on the machine you are using to sit the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course