About the course
The Cyber Resilience Practitioner course outline
This practical course provides a solid understanding of the key elements of a cyber resilience process, from the principles behind effective cyber security (identify and detect), to the elements of a robust business continuity management system, helping those responsible for cyber security to avoid cyber risks and also practically deal with cyber attacks when they do happen.
Delivered by experienced cyber security and business continuity management practitioners, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with international cyber resilience standards and technical know-how.
Who should attend this course?
- Business continuity managers
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- IT Managers
- Operations and incident response teams
What does the Cyber Resilience Practitioner course cover?
Day one and two: Identify, protect and detect
- An introduction to the concept of cyber resilience.
- Designing a cyber resilience management system: cyber security requirements.
- Developing a project plan, gaining management support and assigning roles and responsibilities.
- Conducting a cyber security risk assessment: identifying and responding to risks.
- Essential cyber security controls.
Day three and four: Respond and recover
- Designing a cyber resilience management system: business continuity requirements.
- Conducting a business continuity impact assessment.
- Developing a business continuity plan.
- Developing an effective incident response structure.
- Essential communication strategies.
- Best practice in dealing with a data breach.
Day five: Testing and continual improvement
- Challenges facing cyber security teams and solutions.
- Cyber resilience, auditing, testing and documentation considerations.
- Continual assessment and review.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- The Cyber Resilience Practitioner exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 4: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 5: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This course is equivalent to 35 CPD/CPE credits.
How much does the Cyber Resilience Practitioner course cost?
The course costs £1,945 ex VAT.
Cyber Resilience Practitioner exam
Attendees take the Certified Cyber Resilience Practitioner (C CR P), ISO 17024-certificated, exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 60-minute multiple-choice online exam. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
Certified Cyber Resilience Practitioner (C CR P)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||UK Wide|