One Day- Foundation (FAS) GDPR (The European Union General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR Certific
Provided by EU GDPR Institute
About the course
One Day- Foundation (FAS) GDPR (The European Union General Data Protection Regulation) GDPR Certification Seminar
12th August, 2019, Copenhagen
10th September, 2019, Malta
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa Malta
Golden Sands Golden Bay, L/o Mellieha, MLH 5510, Malta
Session start from 09:00-16:30.
Registration at 08:30
495 Euro +VAT
(Participation for one day with certification)
GDPR compliance is an ongoing journey to improve the corporate digitisation
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on 25 May 2018 continues to be an evolving and on-going challenge for most organisations. The headline figure revealed that only half of the EU companies were ‘fully compliant’ on the enforcement date of 25 May, with roughly a quarter (27%) not fully compliant and the rest
Given the potential fines and reputational damage for non-compliance companies cannot afford to neglect the correct GDPR methodology for implementation. The focus on GDPR will remain high on the corporate agenda of all businesses to avoid reputational damage and cause trust issues with the stakeholders.
The post-implementation updated FAS seminar/workshop is for all individuals who are the stakeholders in managing data protection, privacy, IT Governance and IT and Cybersecurity within the organisation. Participants with GDPR awareness who wish to improve the effectiveness of their IT Governance, Data and Compliance strategy,
and streamline the GDPR processes will be able to use our methodology to ensure long-term compliance. The module based one- to three day event provides a comprehensive introduction and the practical understanding of the post-implementation implications and the legal requirements. The structured methodology and the
implementation path to ensure EU GDPR compliance, and how GDPR stakeholders can help avoid additional work, loss of reputation resulting from data breaches, and the mandatory cyber resilience, data protection, and cybersecurity issues.
The GDPR essentially creates a new position of the data protection officer in public and many private organisations. Data protection officers will be empowered to independently ensure compliance with the new data protection regime. Even for private organisations not obliged to formally appoint a DPO, there will be a need to develop an experienced and knowledgeable privacy professional to manage compliance and security risks. The GDPR brings many new and stricter requirements challenging the skills of all privacy professionals. DPOs will gain rapid visibility and career opportunities since they are required to report directly to top management. These new roles will be very active in passing the message of controlling privacy risks and monitoring compliance with the requirements (and the benefits) of the new GDPR throughout the organisations.
Be certified after 3 days of intensive training
- Independent qualification by the EU GDPR Institute
- No jargon: suitable for data protection officers, privacy and security professionals, IT specialists, compliance officers, auditors and consultants
EU GDPR Institute methodology
- Holistic approach: Legal + IT+ change management
- Based on real business scenarios, discussion cases and practical experiences
- Provide tools, templates and other giveaways
- Quality learning and networking time
TAKING DATA PROTECTION REGIME INTO THE 21ST CENTURY AND THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY OF THE DPO
The new GDPR framework and need for data protection officer can be useful instruments to implement the fundamental changes many organisations need to streamline their IT and data processes and get full control over their IT platforms and databases. The role of the DPO is vital to facilitate;
- Adherence by all parties concerned to an approved code of conduct to achieve GDPR compliance
- Demonstrate compliance with the obligations of all stakeholders including the data controller and allow datasubjects to evaluate the level of data protection of products and services
- Implement controls for the exchange of information by electronic means between stakeholders (controllers,processors and supervisory authorities) for binding corporate rules and mutual assistance
- Enhance transparency and compliance with GDPR to ensure adequate standards of protection to and by a thirdparty, country or territory or a specified sector within standard GDPR protection clauses; formats and procedures
On The third day of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Certified Expert Practitioner (CEP) training seminar can provide participants with the practical understanding of the GDPR implications, processes and requirements for global organisations to comply;
Due to the continued and growing dependence on the changing scope of information, communications, and security practice, IT Security issues have evolved from the corporate focus on Information Security to Cyber Security and Resilience. These issues will enforce an enterprise-wide risk-based GDPR strategy that proactively manages threats, dangers and impacts on critical personal information and the corporate assets. The GDPR CEP training course focuses on the practical application of the regulation; how the data protection principles work in practice, what are the policies and procedures necessary to ensure an integrated implementation.
- GDPR Roadmap & Framework,
- Data Processor and Controller,
- Privacy Program, Transfer of
- Personal Data, Binding Corporate
- Rules, Anonymisation, Encryption
- GDPR In Practice, DPIA,
- Incidence Response, Data
- Privacy Audits, Code of
- Conduct, Scenarios For Data Breach,
- Contingency Plans
- The Role and Responsibility of Data Protection Officer
- Demonstrate Compliance with the
- GDPR (article by article) The
- On-line Certification is Optional.
- Exam 50 questions (multiple choice)
THE EU GDPR INSTITUTE DPO PROFESSIONAL TRAINING, EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION is offered in cooperation with our partners for consultants, managers and administrators in the field of GDPR, Data Privacy and Protection. Individuals wishing to obtain The EUGDPR Institute professional certificate must; study the course materials provided when registration is accepted and complete 3 days of class room training. The examination consists of a multiple-choice test covering a broad range of relevant GDPR knowledge and topics that are dealt with, in this advanced GDPR DPO training course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- DPOs, CIOs/CTOs
- Internal Audit Managers and Staff
- IT Security Officers
- Information Security Managers
- IT Directors and Managers
- IT Analysts/IT Auditors
- IT and Data Consultants and project managers involved in data protection, information security or cyber security issues
- IT and Data Consultants and project managers that participate in
- GDPR projects.
- Individuals with some IT experience who want to qualify on GDPR issues.
Certification/Qualifications. Achieve the EU GDPR FAS, DPO and CEP qualification. The exam (certification) is optional and can be
taken the same day on-line after each seminar.
EMAIL FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|07 Oct 2019||Jordan|
|29 Oct 2019||Johannesburg|
|27 Jan 2020||Copenhagen|