About the course
Certified Cyber Security Foundation Training Course
Learn the fundamentals of cyber security and how to protect your organisation from threats. From social engineering to security in the Cloud, you will gain foundation-level knowledge across the key aspects of cyber security.
Achieve the Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F) qualification. Exam included in course. This course qualifies for 7 CPE/CPD points.
London. See venue details.
Other ways to learn:
Pay by purchase order:
Buy now, pay later! Enjoy the benefits of paying by purchase order with an IT Governance corporate account. Apply online today or call our training sales team on +44 (0)333 800 7000.
Online exclusive! Get a free copy of the CyberWar, CyberTerror, CyberCrime and CyberActivism book when you purchase this training course throughout July and August!
The Certified Cyber Security Foundation Training Course outline
It is widely accepted that it is not a case of if but when an organisation will suffer a cyber attack. You and your staff need the knowledge and skills to be able to deal with them to minimise disruption to their organisation.
With this fully accredited one-day course you will gain knowledge of cyber security, the threat landscape, threat intelligence, legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, and incident response.
At the end of the course you sit the Certified Cyber Security Foundation exam. If you pass, you can demonstrate your professional and practical knowledge and expertise by registering your qualification on the GASQ successful candidate register.
Benefits of the Certified Cyber Security Foundation Training Course
Designed by experts
We’re acknowledged leaders in cyber and information security with years of practical, hands-on experience.
Delivered by professionals
Real-world practitioners show you how to tackle cyber security from start to finish.
A complete introduction to cyber security
Gain experience of practical application of cyber security through group discussions, exercises and case studies.
Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at individuals who want to start their career in the lucrative world of cyber security or progress in their current role.
- Customer support administrator/specialist
- Desktop support manager/specialist
- Help desk technician/specialist
- IT support manager/specialist
- IT systems administrator
- Technical support engineer/specialist
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
* conditions applicable
What does the Certified Cyber Security Foundation Training Course cover?
- What cyber security/information security is
- The threat landscape
- Legal, regulatory and contractual obligations
- Threat intelligence
- Humans and social engineering
- Password security
- Mobile device security
- Web application security
- Social media security
- Remote working – covering travel and home working
- An introduction to risk management
- Security standards and frameworks
- Security in the Cloud (ISO 27018)
- Incident response
- Business continuity
- Supply chain security
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The Certified Cyber Security Foundation exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
- You will need a laptop for the duration of your course. Our course materials include an interactive PDF and an online quiz tool for knowledge testing. You will also need a pop-up enabled laptop on which to sit the exam. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
- Day 1: 9:30 am–5:00 pm
This course is equivalent to 7 CPD/CPE points.
Certified Cyber Security Foundation exam
Attendees take the ISO 17024-certificated Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F) exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 60-minute multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 40 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F).
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
- Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
- Are there any prerequisites for this course?
- While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, we assume that attendees will have some IT knowledge.
Is there any recommended reading?
- We recommend that you purchase and read the following textbook after the course:
CyberWar, CyberTerror, CyberCrime and CyberActivism, Second Edition
Do I need to bring proof of identity?
Delegates must bring a form of photographic ID with them as the invigilator my request to check it prior to the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|30 Sep 2019||London|