About the course
CYBER SECURITY APPRENTICE WITH MICROSOFT
£317.45 per week
31 Jul 2019
Microsoft are a global technology company. Founded by Paul Allen and Bill Gates in 1975, the current CEO is Satya Nadella. The Microsoft mission is to 'empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more'. There are over 100,000 Microsoft employees worldwide.
Microsoft are currently looking for ambitious individuals who want to gain experience within the Technology and Business Sector.
This will be a fantastic and once in a lifetime opportunity to gain four weeks of work experience as part of the QA Traineeship programme, at Microsoft's UK Headquarters.
You will experience what it is like to work at one of the world's biggest technology companies with opportunities to learn from industry specialists from a variety of departments.
The work experience programme will give you experience and exposure, which will help progress your career in the IT/Business sector. Previous trainees have gained knowledge on coding, cyber security, public speaking and have gained many more employability skills. You will also have the unique opportunity to complete Microsoft Office Specialist exams.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help you reach your future potential.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
You will be joining a specialist sales team, striving to help our customers protect against modern cybersecurity attacks, prevent security incidents and detect breaches before they cause damage
Being an apprentice at Microsoft
As a Microsoft Apprentice you could start your career early, earn while you learn and gain valuable experience.
We don’t believe in the traditional notion of 'work experience' either. At Microsoft you are given real responsibility from the outset, with an employment contract for the full duration of your Apprenticeship you really are part of the team.
As an apprentice at Microsoft you will:
- Join Microsoft fully supported by an apprentice who you will meet before you join and a 3-week induction event.
- Be supported in your teams by your manager and fellow team members. Our managers are fully trained and ready to support you and your apprentice programme.
- Be part of vibrant and inclusive apprentice community and can give back with our community programmes such as DigiGirls or SteamKidz.
- Be given a real job and responsibility. We love the impact our apprentices create in their job roles and the fresh thinking they bring.
- Be supported to be career curious. Microsoft is just the beginning. When you are coming to the end of your apprentice programme, we support you with our Career Connections programme to help you secure your next career opportunity.
- Be paid a competitive salary. As a Level 6 Degree Apprentice you will also be eligible for up to £3,000 pay increase yearly based on your impact both in your job role and your apprentice programme.
Rogue nations, cyber terrorists, and hackers are constantly developing new ways to steal our data, disrupt our daily life and cause us harm. It takes a nimble, creative, collaborative team of heroes with a broad range of skills to defend against these new threats.
Who are those heroes and where do they come from? Heroes are made by the path they choose, not the powers they are graced with. At Microsoft, we are dedicated to developing these heroes to become the defenders of tomorrow. With your passion, creativity and determination, together we can help protect the UK government and the largest international organisations against modern cybersecurity threats that risk loss of personal data, company secrets and brand reputational damage.
Passion alone doesn’t topple enemies. We will provide you with the tools and training to supplement your passion. You will use this knowledge in the latest cybersecurity solutions to help support, protect and defend organisations against their adversaries. You will play a critical part in ensuring everyone stays safe; from well-known UK companies to some of the largest worldwide organisations.
You won’t be alone. You will be part of a team of heroes – top worldwide experts in digital defence, each with their own unique speciality, willing to share and support you in your development .
We are offering a Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship. This will help you grow the critical skills needed to be a cyber security hero. You will complete work-based assignments on this programme that align to your day-to-day role and spend time away from your job, building your knowledge so you can apply all you have learnt to your new role.
So… what will you do? Will you answer the call to join a team of unsung heroes? With our help, you can become a defender of tomorrow – protecting the globe, and millions of people, from our adversaries!
Passion is required. Your cape will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting customers to uncovering security risks and vulnerabilities
- Finding solutions to help mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities
- Helping organisations learn how they can trust the Microsoft cloud
- Working in teams to collaborate, present, demonstrate, explain and write business cases for UK government and commercial customer to adopt Microsoft security solutions
- Influencing others, including decision makers to choose Microsoft security solutions
Who should apply?
We are looking for an individual with:
- A 'growth mindset' – ready to take on new challenges, continuously striving to learn and grow, whilst working in a flexible, diverse and inclusive culture.
- Curiosity and active listening skills
- Experience and passion for learning; implementing practices from others; trying, failing and learning from that; sharing practices and knowledge for others’ benefit
- Determination and persistence to exceed goals and expectations
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- An interest in technology and desire to learn how it can help enable individuals and organisations to achieve more
- How can you protect yourself and others from identity theft?
- If you're curious about the world around you and want to understand the answers to these questions, you should apply.
- How do social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram?
- How do they know where your friends really are?
- How do they know when you're signing in from a different location?
- How can someone pretend to be another person online and 'steal' their identity?
- How can you protect yourself and others from identity theft?
- How can you 'fake' your location?
- How can you help the world's largest organisations defend themselves against cyber security threats?
5 GCSEs A*-C including Maths and English and 3 A Levels A*-C or equivalent qualifications