About the course
CYBER INTRUSION ANALYST APPRENTICE
Programme: Cyber security
Salary: £346.13 per week
Closing date: 29 Oct
We are a young and dynamic company with a passion for cyber technology and delivering high quality security solutions to protect our customers.
Since our start, we have enjoyed rapid growth in a fast-paced sector that brings fresh opportunities and challenges daily.
We have an open, relaxed and flexible culture, where everyone is valued for their role in the team.
We are a leading independent consultancy specialising in cyber defence, solution implementation and managed services. We are a trusted delivery partner for selected technology vendors and major resellers, working with enterprises of all sizes across all sectors. Our customers include large multi-nationals with globally recognised brands, national and private banks, central and local governments, regional and national police forces, universities, schools, and the NHS.
We are looking for an ambitious tech-savvy individual to join our team of analysts delivering threat hunting and incident detection services to our customers.
- Actively monitor customer log feeds and automated alerts for anomalous activity and behaviour
- Investigate anomalous events using available in-house and third party tools and threat hunting methods to identify potential security incidents
- Record and maintain incident details in Longwall's ticketing system
- Liaise with Customer and/or Longwall's Incident Response team to assist with further investigation and containment of threats
- Support the production of incident and management reports
- Provide technical support for Longwall internal users and IT infrastructure
- Passionate about computing and networks
- Has a natural curiosity for how things work
- Outstanding organisation and problem solving skills
- Maths and English to at least GCSE level
- Minimum 2 A-Levels at Grade C or above in Maths or a Science, preferably with Computing Science
Monday - Friday,
9am - 5:30pm,
37.5hrs per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£18,000 per annum, increasing by £500 per annum every six months.
2-Year fixed term contract.
£500 achievement bonus on successful completion of apprenticeship programme.
25 days annual holiday allowance (excluding public holidays)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.