About the course
GDPR: HANDLING DATA SUBJECTS RIGHTS
If you have ever had a request for someone’s personal data, or
they’ve asked for their data to be deleted and you’re not sure if
you must do so, this is the workshop for you. It covers all aspects
of GDPR subject rights including the basics, exemptions and recent court cases. We’ll also consider relevant guidance from the
ICO and the European Data Protection Board.
All our workshops can be delivered at your premises and customised to
the specific needs of your staff. Please contact us for a quote.
I found the speaker very knowledgeable and very
engaging. He gave good examples that I could
relate to in my day to day duties. I also found the
group exercises very useful too"
JW, Wakefield and District Housing
DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
- Brief overview of rights handling:
- Scope of personal data covered by the rights
- Explaining rights in plain English
- Fees and timescales
- When can we extend beyond one month?
- When is a request “manifestly unfounded or excessive”?
OTHER GDPR RIGHTS
- Rectification, Erasure and
- Dealing with objections
- Rights of Portability: When is it relevant?
- Automated decision making rights
- Managing data subjects’ expectations
- Marketing objections
- Request logging procedures
- Developing response templates
- Centralised or dispersed handling?
- Identity checks
- Requests on behalf of the data subject
- Comparing DPA with FOI and FOISA
- How to protect personal data relating to third parties:
- Relevant exemptions under DPA 2018
- The Public Interest and “Reasonableness” considerations
- Seeking consent
- Exemptions under the Data Protection Act 2018
- Medical/Social Services
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|31 Jul 2019||Birmingham|
|05 Sep 2019||London|
|25 Sep 2019||Manchester|
|04 Nov 2019||London|
|06 Nov 2019||Edinburgh|
|04 Dec 2019||Manchester|