About the course
EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION (CIPP/E)
About The Course
The IAPP offers the most encompassing, up-to-date and sought-after global training and certification program for privacy and data protection. The Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) helps organizations around the world bolster compliance and risk mitigation practices, and arms practitioners with the insight needed to add more value to their businesses.
Skilled privacy pros are in high demand and IAPP certification is what employers want. When you earn an IAPP credential, you earn the right to be recognized as part of an elite group of knowledgeable, capable and dedicated privacy professionals.
With the GDPR effective as of May 2018, among its mandates is the requirement to appoint knowledgeable DPOs (data protection officers) tasked with monitoring compliance, managing internal data protection activities, training data processing staff, conducting internal audits and more. There’s a lot to know, there’s a lot at stake and there’s a lot of opportunity for privacy professionals with the right training and education.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Delivered in a Modular format, the course includes;
- Module 1: Data Protection Laws Introduces key European data protection laws and regulatory bodies, describing the evolution toward a Harmonised European Legislative Framework.
- Module 2: Personal Data Defines and differentiates between types of data-including personal, anonymous, pseudo-anonymous and special categories.
- Module 3: Controllers and Processors Describes the roles and relationships of controllers and processors.
- Module 4: Processing Personal Data Defines data processing and GDPR processing principles, Explains the application of the GDPR and outlines the legitimate bases for processing personal data.
- Module 5: Information provision Explains controller obligations for providing information about data processing activities to data subjects and Supervisory Authorities.
- Module 6: Data Subjects 'Rights Describes data subjects' rights, applications of rights and obligations controller and processor.
- Module 7: Security or Processing Discusses considerations and duties of controllers and processors for Ensuring security of personal data and providing notification of data breaches.
- Module 8: Accountability Investigates accountability requirements, data protection management systems, data protection impact assessments, privacy policies and the role of the data protection officer.
- Module 9: International Data Transfers Outlines options and obligations for transferring data outside the European Economic Area, Decisions adequacy and appropriateness safeguards and derogations.
- Module 10: Supervision and Enforcement Describes the role, powers and procedures or Supervisory Authorities; the composition and tasks of the European Data Protection Board; the role of the European Data Protection Supervisor; and remedies, liabilities and penalties for non-compliance.
- Module 11: Compliance Discusses the applications of European data protection law, legal bases and compliance requirements for processing personal data in practice, employers-including processing employee data, surveillance, direct marketing, Internet technology and communications and outsourcing.
Who Should Attend?
The CIPP/E is ideal for IT and information security leaders responsible for applying best practices to cloud security architecture, design, operations and service orchestration, including those in the following positions:
Enterprise Architect Security Engineer Security Administrator Systems Engineer Security Architect Security Consultant Security Manager Systems Architect
- Refreshments & Lunch Course Slide
- Deck Official Study Guides Official Exam
- Q&A The Exam
There are no prerequisites for this course but attendees would benefit from a review of the materials on the IAPP site
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|05 Aug 2019||London||Book now|
|12 Aug 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|26 Aug 2019||Dublin||Book now|
|27 Aug 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|02 Sep 2019||London||Book now|
|02 Sep 2019||London||Book now|
|09 Sep 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|16 Sep 2019||Belfast||Book now|
|23 Sep 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|07 Oct 2019||London||Book now|
|14 Oct 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|21 Oct 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|28 Oct 2019||Dublin||Book now|
|04 Nov 2019||London||Book now|
|11 Nov 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|18 Nov 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|25 Nov 2019||Belfast||Book now|
|02 Dec 2019||London||Book now|
|09 Dec 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|16 Dec 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|