About the course
PECB CERTIFIED ISO/IEC 38500 IT CORPORATE GOVERNANCE MANAGER
About The Course
This 3 day ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager training enables you to gain a thorough understanding of the core principles for good governance of IT based on ISO/IEC 38500. During this training course, you will also acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization to apply and manage the ISO/IEC 38500 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor model.
This course is delivered in a classroom environment, as follows;
- Day 1: Introduction to IT Governance and ISO/IEC 38500
- Day 2: Principles for the effective, efficient and acceptable use of IT
- Day 3: Outcomes, performance measurement techniques and Certification Exam
This training is based on both theory and best practices used in IT Governance
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
After becoming acquainted with all the necessary concepts and principles of IT Governance, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and skills to manage an IT Governance model.
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 38500 IT Corporate Governance Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP).
The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles of ISO/IEC 38500
- Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model of ISO/IEC 38500
- Domain 3: Guidance for IT Governance
After successfully passing the exam on Day 3, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. For more information about ISO/IEC 38500 certifications and the PECB certification process, please refer to the CERTIFICATION RULES AND POLICIES.
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the core principles of ISO/IEC 38500 and learn how to interpret them
- Learn about the ISO/IEC 38500 Evaluate-Direct-Monitor ModelAcquire the necessary knowledge to evaluate, direct and monitor the use of IT in an organization
- Understand COBIT 5 and CGEIT
Who Should Attend?
- Managers or consultants responsible for ensuring good IT Governance within an organization
- Individuals seeking to gain comprehensive knowledge of the core principles of IT Governance
- IT Governance team members
- Expert advisors involved in IT Governance
- Refreshments & Lunch Course Slide
- Deck Official Study Guides Official Exam
- The Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 38500 and comprehensive knowledge of IT Governance as well as;
- Two years of IT experience (One year of work experience in IT Governance)
- IT Governance activities: a total of 200 hours
- Signing the PECB Code of Ethics