About the course
ISO 27001 LEAD AUDITOR
About The Course
The PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001.
During this training course, you will acquire the knowledge and skills to plan and carry out internal and external audits in compliance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process.
Based on practical exercises, you will be able to master audit techniques and become competent to manage an audit program, audit team, communication with customers, and conflict resolution.
After acquiring the necessary expertise to perform this audit, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Auditor Certificate, you will demonstrate that you have the capabilities and competencies to` audit organizations based on best practices.
This 5 day training course is based on both theory and best practices used in ISMS audits:
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
The course is delivered in a classroom environment, as follows;
Day 1: Introduction to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) and ISO/IEC 27001
Day 2: Audit principles, preparation and launching of an audit
Day 3: On-site audit activities
Day 4: Closing the audit
Day 5: Certification Exam
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to: plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to: plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
Domain 2: Information Security Management System controls and best practices based on ISO/IEC 27002
Domain 3: Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001
Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
Who Should Attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead Information Security Management System (ISMS) certification audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master an Information Security Management System audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with Information Security Management System requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an Information Security Management System audit
- Expert advisors in Information Security Management
- Refreshments & Lunch Course Slide
- Deck Official Study Guides Official Exam
- The Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for Certification if you meet the following criteria. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
Criteria requirements: Five years experience, with two years of work experience in Information Security Management; Project activities: a total of 300 hours.