About the course
PECB ISO 27001 LEAD IMPLEMENTER
About The Course
The PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer training enables you to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing and maintaining an Information Security Management System (ISMS) based on ISO/IEC 27001.
During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the best practices of Information Security Management Systems to secure the organization`s sensitive information and improve the overall performance and effectiveness.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Management Systems, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Implementer Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement ISO/IEC 27001 in an organization.
This 5 day course is delivered in a classroom environment, as follows;
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 and initiation of an ISMS
- Day 2: Plan the implementation of an ISMS
- Day 3: Implementation of an ISMS
- Day 4: ISMS monitoring, measurement, continuous improvement and preparation for a certification audit
- Day 5: Certification Exam
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices
The exam covers the following competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of an Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- Domain 2: Information Security Management System controls and best practices based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Domain 3: Planning an ISMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 4: Implementing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Domain 7: Preparing for an ISMS certification audit
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for;
- IT Security
- Analyst Security Operations Centre (SOC)
- Analyst Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Refreshments & Lunch Course Slide
- Deck Official Study Guides
- Official Exam
- The Exam
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and comprehensive knowledge of implementation principles. After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for Certification if you meet the following criteria. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
Criteria requirements: Five years experience, with two years of work experience in Information Security Management; Project activities: a total of 300 hours.