About the course
COMPTIA’S SECURITY +
About The Course
CompTIA Security+ is an international, vendor-neutral certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations. The successful candidate will perform these tasks to support the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
- Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
- Recent updates ensure the exam keeps pace with the evolving security landscape. Security+ is developed by leading IT experts and industry-wide survey feedback.
- Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Version SY0-501 is designed to better reﬂect today’s best practices for risk management and risk mitigation. The updated exam covers a greater emphasis on a security professional’s practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities. The new version has also been updated to reﬂect how cybersecurity jobs are becoming more specialized. As new skills (like security analytics) become more prevalent, skills covered in Security+ have become a baseline for all cybersecurity jobs. Because of this, the importance of and demand for Security+ has increased for a broader variety of job roles.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for;
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor/
- Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Refreshments & Lunch Course Slide
- Deck Official Study Guides Official Exam
- Q&A The
Candidates should have CompTIA Network+ or equivalent networking experience.