About the course
About The Course
CompTIA PenTest+ is the only penetration testing exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems. PenTest+ exam also includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers
CompTIA PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks.Successful candidates will have the intermediate skills required to customize assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings.Candidates will also have the best practices to communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
CompTIA PenTest+ meets the ISO 17024 standard. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
Skills you will learn:
- Planning & Scoping - Explain the importance of planning and key aspects of compliance-based assessments
- Information gathering & Vulnerability Identification - Gather information to prepare for exploitation then perform a vulnerability scan and analyze results.
- Attacks & exploits - Exploit network, wireless, application, and RF-based vulnerabilities, summarize physical security attacks, and perform post-exploitation techniques
- Penetration testing Tools - Conduct information gathering exercises with various tools and analyze output and basic scripts (limited to: Bash, Python, Ruby, PowerShell)
- Reporting & Communication - Utilize report writing and handling best practices explaining recommended mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
Who Should Attend?
Delegates who wish to fulfil the role of:
- Penetration Tester
- Security Analyst
- Vulnerability Tester
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Application Security Specialist
- Network Security Analyst
- Security Engineer
- Refreshments & Lunch Course Slide
- Deck Official Study Guides Official Exam
- Q&A The Exam
Network+, Security+ or equivalent knowledge. Minimum of 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience. While there is no required prerequisite, PenTest+ is intended to follow CompTIA Security+ or equivalent experience and has a technical, hands-on focus.