About the course
Small Business Information Security
Small businesses are an important part of our nation’s economic and cyber infrastructure. For some small businesses, the security of their information, systems, and networks might not be their highest priority. However, an information security or Cyber Security incident can be detrimental to their business, customers, employees, business partners, and potentially their community. It is vitally important that each small business understand and manage the risk to information, systems, and networks that support their business.
Who Should Attend The Small Business Information Security Training Course?
This training course provides guidance on how small businesses can provide basic security for their information, systems, and networks. It follows industry best practices and draws upon NIST standards.
This course is aimed at small business owners and managers and includes small enterprise and for-profit and non-profit organisations.
- Background to Information and Cyber Security
- Understanding and managing your risks
- Safeguarding your information
- Working safely and securely
- Data privacy laws
- Access control
- Employee training
- Web and e-mail security
- System patching
- Use of encryption
- Equipment disposal
- Anti-virus / Malware / Spyware
- System logs data
- Disaster and business continuity planning
- System backups
- Cyber Insurance
- Colour Printed Course Notes
- Teas, Coffees, Refreshments (during break)
- Networking and drinks after the training session
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 09:00am – 4:00pm
Fleet Street, London