About the course
Introduction to GDPR
This course is available as part of the Compliance eLearning Suite in one great package.
In this short, introductory course, you'll learn about the importance of protecting any personal data held and processed by your organisation. It explains individuals' rights under GDPR, and pinpoints some of the most vulnerable areas learners should be aware of when protecting data. The course also features a number of real-life examples of GDPR non-compliance and explains how the breach was caused and why.
At the end of the course, learners will take a short assessment where you'll need to answer 80% of the questions correctly in order to pass and prove you understand how to protect personal data under GDPR directives.
Course Duration: 15 minutes
Available in: 11 Languages
Tagged in: Data Protection, GDPR Technical Requirements
CPD: This course is eligible for CPD points.
Tailoring: You can tailor this course using the free Adapt Authoring Tool.
What to Expect
Suitable for employees at all levels, the key learning outcomes of this course are:
- Categories of Personal Data (personal and sensitive)
- What the individual's rights are under GDPR
- The importance of remaining aware about protecting data whilst using social media, cloud-based applications, USBs, mobile technology, and other digital devices.
- the importance of protecting hard-copy data as well as electronic data
- What the seven data protection principles are and what they mean
- Real-life examples of GDPR breaches
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives more control to individuals over their personal data, and how it is handled and stored. It applies to all organisations - whether inside or outside the EU - that offer goods and/or services to individuals in the EU.
Subscribe to Compliance Essentials for a library of eLearning courses to meet your governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) training requirements. Subscription includes delivery through our Astute eLearning Platform, putting you in control of your compliance training programme all year round.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|