About the course
How to comply with GDPR accountability
This course is available as part of the Compliance eLearning Suite in one great package.
Our GDPR-ready short-course course focuses on highlighting the significance of one important aspect of the new legislation: Accountability. By encouraging employees to become personally accountable for storing and processing data, and detailing their legal obligations under GDPR, this course is ideal for any organisation looking to provide its employees with a deeper understanding of personal responsibility and privacy by design.
Course Duration: 15 minutes
Available in: 1 Language
Tagged in: Data Protection, GDPR Technical Requirements
CPD: This course is eligible for CPD points. Tailoring: You can tailor this course using the free Adapt Authoring Tool.
What to Expect
In this course you will learn:
- How to demonstrate accountability
- How to uphold the principles of the GDPR
- How to comply with your legal obligations
- The principle of privacy by design and default
- Measures to protect personal data and minimise intrusions on privacy
- What a Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) is
- When to carry out a PIA
- What to do in the event of a data breach
- What happens if your organisation fails to comply with the GDPR and the penalties you could face
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will take effect from May 25th 2018 and will place new obligations on organisations, including 'accountability'.
In order to comply you must be able to demonstrate that you are processing personal data in compliance with the principles of the GDPR. Personal data includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, payment details and any other information that identifies someone.
Subscribe to Compliance Essentials for a library of eLearning courses to meet your governance, risk management and compliance (GRC) training requirements. Subscription includes delivery through our Astute eLearning Platform, putting you in control of your compliance training programme all year round.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|