About the course
GDPR Essentials, Payment Card Industry and Cyber Security Bundle
This bundle encompasses the UK’s newly adopted GDPR system, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and learners will become more aware of different types of cyber risks and be able to conduct the correct response actions when threats are detected.
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in approximately 3-5 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
The Essentials of GDPR
The Essentials of GDPR training course will cover the key purposes of the new legislation and give learners a complete GDPR overview, helping those involved with the handling of people’s information to adopt these practises within their organisation. Learners will be shown the responsibilities regarding data processing and the role of a data controller, and will be able to make essential changes to ensure their business is prepared for the implementation of GDPR to achieve business compliance training, in accordance with the ICO (Information Commissioner's Office).
Payment Card Industry
Payment Card Industry is designed to simplify compliance by helping you and your staff to understand the legal requirements and how they apply to a workplace. It explains payment card security in simple, useful terms that employees will be able to utilise in their everyday roles.
Upon completion of this course, learners will have the relevant knowledge required in order to reduce everyday risks and understand the possible harm that can be caused. Learners will gain a working understanding of important statistics and information relating to cyber security, including different types of malicious software, as well as how to counter attacks.
- The key changes from the DPA to the GDPR.
- What personal data is and the different types of personal data.
- The six principles of GDPR.
- How to safely handle sensitive data.
- The rights of Data Subjects.
- The role of the Information Commissioner.
Payment Card Industry
- Confidently state the reasons why you should follow the PCI DSS.
- Summarise the main requirements for PCI DSS and how these apply to your workplace.
- Demonstrate secure card payment data handling when processing cards at point of sale and when the customer is not present.
- Create a secure password.
- Identify possible fraud and security breaches that could compromise your customers’ card payment data.
- Identify the risks associated with cyber activity.
- Explain how to protect your network from attack using anti-malware defences.
- State the process for responding to a cyberattack or suspicious incident.
- Understand the levels of access to data and your restrictions within these.
- Identify additional security measures required for working from home or remote locations.
- Explain the risks associated with the use of removable media and how to maintain their security.
- Implement best practice cyber security guidance into your work, as set out by industry standards and your organisation’s policies.
- Identify the weak points in your network and devices, and therefore where you need to action changes.
All of the courses within this bundle (GDPR Essentials, Payment Card Industry, and Cyber Security Awareness) have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Together, the courses usually take between 3-5 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. The Essentials of GDPR takes 1-2 hours to complete, Payment Card Industry takes approximately 1 hour, and Cyber Security Awareness takes 1-2 hours. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle would be useful for those involved in the handling of people’s information as part of their day-to-day role, anyone who works in a role involving payments or money (such as casinos or accountants), or any organisations who use devices to store data or connect to the internet in their day-to-day role.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest
you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of more than 10 courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|