About the course
IDM Award in Consent and Legitimate Interests
Understand the two most common valid methods for processing data used by marketers – Consent and Legitimate Interests
During your Award in Consent and Legitimate Interests, you will learn:
- What the GDPR means to marketers
- Who is affected
- Responsibilities to consumers
- When Consent must be used
- The balancing test for Legitimate Interests
- Things to include in statements
Module 1: Introduction to GDPR
- How the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects processing outside the EU
- How EU lawmakers developed the GDPR
- Key definitions and global scope
- Who is affected by the Regulation and what are the responsibilities?
Module 2: The requirements for consent
- What valid consent is under the GDPR
- When organisations must use consent
- When consent is not appropriate
- Key practical changes to make to your consent statements
- How long consent lasts for
Module 3: Legitimate interests
- What is it?
- How to conduct the balancing test
- Relevant examples of use and risk mitigations
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 3 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
While we make every reasonable effort to make the course as up-to-date and relevant as possible, it should not be used as a substitute for legal advice. If you have any questions on how the GDPR affects your business you should seek independent legal advice. All views expressed are the opinion of the tutor or speaker and may not represent the view of The IDM.
Is this the right course for me?
The online award in Consent and Legitimate Interests is ideal for professionals currently employed in commercial and public sector companies across all sectors, including professional services and not for profit. Equally agencies, consultancies and suppliers servicing their data management needs will benefit by enrolling staff.
Marketing professionals – client, agency or supplier side - who wholly or partly have responsibility for data collection, storage and use, and whose effectiveness is dependent on best practice data management. This includes managers and executives in marketing, direct marketing, digital marketing, CRM, e-commerce and customer insight.
How do I enrol?
You can submit your booking online or via email.
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course