About the course
Plan, implement and manage an engaging, accountable, strategic online CRM programme that delivers improved and measurable results for your business
Duration 1 day (7 CPD hours)
You will learn to:
- Effectively manage relationships with customers and communicate with them on an individual basis to establish, develop and maintain a successful relationship – including using behavioural and purchase data to inform your strategy and personalise campaigns
- Plan strategic online CRM programmes with an understanding of eCRM key performance metrics
- Common features of ESPs and Marketing Automation platforms and how to choose the best one to suit your needs
- The technical aspects of Marketing Automation including behavioural targeting
- Create a practical, actionable customer touchpoint plan (or 'customer journey')
- Execute your campaign with robust rollout and testing strategies (including multivariate testing)
- Make the most of online CRM as a way to integrate marketing activities
Benefits of a successful eCRM strategy
- 5 core elements of an eCRM strategy
- Putting the customer first – making sure you know who you’re communicating with and why
Choosing the right eCRM agencies and suppliers
- 4 steps to choosing the right platform for your needs
- Key ESP and Marketing Automation platform features you should be utilising
- Overcoming barriers to successful eCRM implementation
Developing your eCRM strategy
- Creating your customer contact strategy CRM customer journey planning – mapping key touchpoints
- Choosing the right channels to include in your eCRM strategy
Understanding and managing your data
- Conducting a data audit
- Data and customer insights: understanding your customers
- Using your data to create highly personalised campaigns– including segmentation, dynamic content, real time communications and AI
The core of a solid eCRM strategy: Email Marketing Campaign execution & analysis
- Planning successful campaigns
- 3 Best practice considerations
- Ensuring the best results by implementing rigorous testing strategies
The technical side of email marketing: getting your emails to the inbox
- The 3 core elements of sender reputation
- The hidden metrics of deliverability
- Shared vs. Dedicated IPs What to do when you see your delivery rates dropping
Understanding eCRM metrics
- Defining the right CRM metrics for your business
- ROI and attribution modelling
- Post campaign analysis: analysing your results and identifying trends
Who should attend
This course is designed for senior marketing budget holders with overall responsibility for marketing strategy, CRM strategy and heads of digital, as well as marketing managers who are responsible for the planning, implementation and optimisation of CRM strategies within their organisation. This 1-day course will help you to develop a more effective and strategic approach to managing your customers with information applicable to B2C brands, B2B and not-for-profit organisations.
Kate Barrett Dip DigM
Kate Barrett is the founder of eFocus Marketing and The Email Marketing Academy, providing specialist email marketing consultancy, management and training services to companies around the world.
With a proven track record and over 12 years’ experience (increasing results from opens and clicks, to sales), Kate’s expertise and passion has helped a large range of companies develop comprehensive strategies, to target subscribers with the right message, sent to the right person, at the right time, implement, manage and optimise those campaigns, as well as solve complex email marketing issues including deliverability challenges.
Some of the companies she has worked with/trained include Nissan, Marks & Spencer, Argos, Nissan, Vision Direct, BT, TUI, Soletrader, Maybourne Hotel Group, Photobox, MyVoucherCodes, M&M Direct and Adidas among many others.
Having been an elected member of the DMA Email Council for 3 years, regularly speaking at events, blogging, being a contributor to Smart Insights and a trainer for the IDM, Kate is always up to date with the latest email marketing news, trends and techniques to feed her passion for the industry.
Kate is the author of the soon to be published book ‘E-telligence. Email Marketing isn’t dead, the way you’re using it is’ (published 2018)
Nick Crawford, Director and Principal Consultant, Twist Consultancy Ltd
Drawing on a career which begin heading up call centre teams, developed into customer experience measurement and then moved to data led online campaigns, Nick’s mission is to help businesses win & retain customers with relevant & engaging marketing.
Drawing on over 15 years agency & client side delivery experience across B2C & B2B, Nick created Twist Consultancy providing data-driven strategic planning and training to improve how brands connect to people.
B2B Client and customer retention has been a major part of his career, As Senior Account Director, Nick headed up a dedicated client team of 6 including 3 Account Directors, across multiple senior client stakeholders, with a total retained annual account revenue in excess of £3m.
In addition to his consultancy, Nick Tutors for the IDM and is an elected member of the DMA Email council.
IDM Head Office
Great day - lots of new ideas and confidence in marketing. A good overview of high level eCRM strategy. Great insight into planning and implementing email campaigns and then using the data
Head of Marketing and New Business, Capital Conferences
A very good starting point for any marketers launching an eCRM
Ecommerce Manager, Mirror Group Services
The course was delivered at a good pace and encouraged participation for all attendees. Felix in particular was very good and provided many useful points of information. Thank you!