About the course
Data Protection 2019
Our flagship data protection summit welcomes, OLIVER, ICO, The Guardian, CBI, and Dentsu Aegis to set the pace on the key challenges we face in 2019, with guidance on life alongside GDPR, Brexit and ePrivacy.
What are the next steps in the adjustment to GDPR? What do the policy makers have in store for marketers in 2019 and beyond?
Find out at Data Protection 2019. This session sets the scene for the year ahead in data-driven marketing.
- Hear all the latest news and notables from the ICO in the wake of GDPR
- Find out what the imminent departure from the EU means for data and privacy in 2019 and beyond
- Enjoy a thought-provoking discussion on life after the implementation of GDPR
- Take part in our round table sessions where you will have the chance to sit down with industry specialists to ask questions, share knowledge and gain practical insights
You'll hear from:
- Chris Combemale, CEO, DMA Group
- Simon McDougall, executive director, technology, policy and innovation, ICO, who will be discussing their current observations on adtech, the importance of trust in a digital world and how the ICO is keeping up with technological change through its innovation agenda
- Garreth Cameron, DPO - EMEA, Dentsu Aegis, will discuss life after the implementation of GDPR, preparations, and predictions for Brexit and the upcoming ePrivacy regulation
- Sonia Sudhakar, marketing director, The Guardian; Sam Jacobs, creative director, OLIVER; and Ross Hawkes, data strategy director, OLIVER, who will cover the strategy, creativity and results of their campaign DMA Gold award-winning campaign 'The Guardian GDPR - Leave or Remain?'
- Jonathan Brenton, principal policy advisor, EU negotiations, CBI who will give insights into the impact of Brexit on the UK economy, with a particular focus on the data economy
- Make sure you're there to hear the very latest advice from the people leading from the front of the data protection revolution.
Earn valuable points towards your IDM Continuing Professional Development (CPD) scheme by attending DMA events. Attend this event and you will receive 3 CPD points.