PRINCE2® Project Management – Foundation & Practitioner 6th Edition + Official Exam
Provided by Principle Defence
About the course
About the course:
PRINCE2® provides best practice guidance that gives individuals and organizations the essentials of running a project. PRINCE2 is easy to learn and a flexible method that can adapt to all types of project.
Because PRINCE2 is generic and based on proven principles, organizations adopting the method can substantially improve their organizational capability and maturity across various areas such as business change, construction, IT, mergers and acquisitions, research and product development.
The best practice is supported by the PRINCE2® certification scheme which provides a two tier Foundation and Practitioner level qualification.
With this bundle, the price also includes the related certification exams (which must be booked separately via the course publisher – details below).
– Provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a time, pace and place convenient to them
– A flexible choice of different self-study options, including a blended-learning package combining self-study with a classroom based revision day
– A cost-effective solution for both individuals and organisations
– People using PRINCE2® Passport achieve a higher score in the Foundation exam
– PRINCE2® Passport is achieving higher pass rates in the Practitioner exam compared to classroom training
– Online learning gives you the freedom to access from any location.
– 12 modules with associated interactive and video presented lessons
– Notes to support each lesson and references to the PRINCE2® Manual (please note that the Manual is not included with the cost of the course, and must be obtained separately).
– Module level exam simulation directly aligned to the PRINCE2® syllabus
– Online support, forums, chat and progress reports
– PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner exam simulations
– Interactive exercises to consolidate the learning
– Extensive Exam Approaches module to support the “Objective Testing” Practitioner exam
1. Getting Started What is a project?
2. Introduction to PRINCE2®
3. Processes – SU and IP Starting Up a Project (SU) Activities and Management Products including the Daily Log, Lessons Log, Project Brief, Project Product Description and Outline Business Case. Initiating a Project (IP) Activities and Management Products including the Management Strategies, Business Case, Product Descriptions, Risk, Issue and Quality Registers and the PID.
4. Processes – CS and MP Controlling a Stage (CS) Activities and Management Products including the Issue Report, Checkpoint Report, Plans, Product Descriptions, Configuration Item Record, Product Status Account, Lessons Log, Highlight Report and Work Packages. Managing Product Delivery (MP) Activities and Management Products including the Work Package, Checkpoint Reports, Quality Register and Team Plan.
5. Processes – DP, SB and CP The objectives and context of the Directing a Project (DP) process. Managing a Stage Boundary (SB) and Closing a Project (CP) Activities and Management Products including End Project Report, Lessons Report, Benefits Review Plan.
6. Organization Theme Organisation Structure, Roles and Responsibilities for Project Board, Project Assurance, Change Authority, Project Manager, Team Manager, Project Support
7. Business Case Theme Outputs, Outcomes and Benefits; Types of Business Case; Benefits Review Plan; Links with the processes. Tailoring.
8. Risk Theme Risk Management Strategy; Risk Register, Appetite and Tolerances; Risk Responses; Risk Management; Risk Budget. Links with the processes. Tailoring.
9. Plans Theme Project, Stage and Team Plans; Product Based Planning; Estimating; Scheduling; Links with the processes. Tailoring.
10. Quality Theme Customer Quality Expectations and Acceptance Criteria, Quality Management Strategy; Quality Audit Trail; Project Assurance vs Quality Assurance; Quality Control, Links with the processes. Tailoring.
11.Change Theme Issue and Change Control Procedure; Types of Issues; Change Budget; Change Authority; Configuration Management Strategy. Tailoring.
12. Progress Theme Tolerances and Delegating Authority; Management Stages; Project Controls; Event-based and Time-based controls; Reviewing and Reporting Progress, Escalating Issues and Exceptions; Tailoring.
13. Examination Approaches Hints and tips on exam approach; Style of questions; Full Foundation and Practitioner exam simulation with references to the PRINCE2 Manual and interactive adaptive reasoning feedback.
All modules include related Lessons, Interactive Tasks, Visualisation Mind Maps and Extensive Foundation and Practitioner Exam Simulations.
Foundation: 1 hour, closed book, 75 multiple-choice questions.
Practitioner: 2½ hours, open book (PRINCE2® manual only), 8 scenario-based objective test questions.
Passing the exams will give you internationally recognised professional qualifications.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online||Book now|