About the course
GRAB A LIMITED, FREE PLACE ON OUR VIRTUAL 10-WEEK DIGITAL SKILLS BOOTCAMP.
This is a unique chance to kickstart an exciting new career in an increasingly diverse and in-demand sector. You just need to bring an open mind, a thirst for learning, and leave any pre-conceptions at the door (metaphorically as the course is remote learning)..
Does this sound like you?
• Aged 19+
• Have lived in England for at least 3 years
• You can commit to 100% attendance over the 10 weeks
• Enthusiasm, aptitude, and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies from day one
• A go-getter with a can-do attitude
• A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with others
Please note: this course is fully funded by the Department for Education, however it is an unpaid course so you must be able to support yourself throughout.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps
Ask most people what they’d associate with tech specialists and it’s likely you’d hear ‘Geeks, nerds, computer boffins’ . But this is 2022, and these stereotypes don’t stack up. There’s no one type of ‘tech person’. In fact, it’s an increasingly vibrant and in-demand sector, being entered by people like you.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: to give people - no matter their background or level of knowledge - the opportunity to develop or build up sector specific skills and fast track to suitable, sustainable employment. It’s that simple.
With four engaging pathways to choose from -, Software, Data, Cyber Security and DevOps/Cloud -, there’s something to suit everyone.
How do Digital Bootcamps work?
• They’re absolutely free for you to attend.
• They’re delivered virtually via QA Virtual Classroom over 10 weeks of full-time learning. That’s 9-5:30, Monday to Friday – with self-paced assignments to work through in your own time.
• They put you through your paces, equipping you with the key technical skills the world’s leading organisations covet so highly. Through continual assessment, you’ll even get industry-recognised accreditation to prove them.
• Together with a QA Cloud Academy pre-learning pathway, covering Python fundamentals and Cloud literacy, you’ll also learn the soft skills and work-ready know-how to hit the ground running. So from presenting with confidence and preparing a high-quality CV, to readying yourself for technical interviews – our leading trainers have your back.
• Masses of employer participation introducing you to opportunities within their business.
When you complete the Digital Skills Bootcamp, you’ll get:
• Industry-recognised accreditation – depending on your pathway, you’ll earn certification from Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, PeopleCert and/or SFIA to seriously boost your employability prospects.
• Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work straight away to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
• Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform of hands-on labs, learning paths, courses, and quizzes.
• 12-months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to Career Mentoring
• A 12-month discount to over 5000+ Microsoft & PeopleCert technology certifications.
What will you be learning?
Digital Skills Bootcamp in Software Development - you’ll cover everything up to Software Developer Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including detailed modules on: DevOps and Source Control; Networking and Security; Operating Systems; Algorithms and Scripting; Java and Spring.
Digital Skills Bootcamp in Data Engineering - you’ll cover everything up to Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Data Architecture; Python for Data Analytics; Machine Learning; Enterprise Big Data Professional; Implementing Data Science Solutions on Azure.
Digital Skills Bootcamp in DevOps - you’ll cover everything up to DevOps Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Agile; Azure Fundamentals; Algorithm and Scripting; Networking and Security; Databases; Operating System Basics.
Why put off pursuing a tech career any longer? This is your game-changing moment.