About the course
GCHQ-Certified Cyber Incident Planning & Response
Is your organisation prepared to respond to a data breach?
Is your organisation ready to deal with regulators after a data breach?
Are you able to comply with GDPR breach notification requirements?
Are you able to measure your organisation's breach readiness?
This course will enable you to prepare a defined and managed approach when responding to a data breach or cyber attack of an information asset. The content is intended for senior management and business executives who wish to gain a better understanding of incident response or who are responsible for helping organisations plan and prepare for potential cyber threats, and effectively deal with actual cyber attacks. This is not a technical course, therefore, there are no prerequisites.
This cybersecurity training course provides senior management and incident response teams with the vital processes, knowledge and skills to lead and manage a cyber crisis. The course is designed for senior management involved in responding to a cyber or data breach across an organisation. Including staff involved in:
Strategic and operational decision making
Enterprise risk management
Audit & Compliance
Human Resource Management
(ISC)2 members can claim 8 CPE points for attending this course.
Delegates will understand:
- The latest techniques and insight on incident response.
- Threat Intelligence led testing and response framework adopted by leading governments and institutions.
- Identification, Exfiltration or Manipulation of Data Balance of identification, exfiltration vs. manipulation. Pre-attack Research, Reconnaissance and Target Selection.
- Planning and Preparation of Attack Components.
- The business impacts of cyber breaches and real-world cyber attacks
- Infiltration and Post-Infiltration Entrenchment.
- SIEM, Analytics & Entity based anamoly detection and how to use it for effective response.
- Design an early warning system to lower discovery time from months to days Create actionable plans & checklists to use today.
- Understand, define and baseline “Normal” within your organisation.
- Stop up to 90% of all cyber attackers in their tracks and before they breach your critical data.
- Design and implement a response framework and build an effective cyber response team.
- Secrets of managing TV reporters and media journalists.
- The “golden hour” and why it’s critical to managing an incident.
- Threat intelligence and how to use this knowledge to create an effective incident plan.
- Latest techniques in ZEROConfiguration SIEM and relevance to detecting anomalous behaviour.
- Basic application of incident triage, OODA and the Diamond Methodology.
- Deep dive into Cyber Kill Chain.
- Analyse recent attacks and learn how these attacks avoided detection.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|21 May 2019||London|
|25 Jun 2019||London|