About the course
Incident Response for IT Staff Operational Digital Forensics
Our six day GCHQ certified course will provide you with the necessary responsive skills and appropriate decision-making abilities to effectively investigate IT security incidents using cutting edge digital forensics tools, tactics and techniques. You will also become a malware hunter and
defender for your organisation and be able to identify suspicious activity on a corporate system and from network traffic to discover and investigate high-end cyber threats.
Understand the types of tactics a threat actor uses to evade detection by developing advanced skills to locate malicious elements on a network and respond appropriately.Learn how to report a compromise, who to
alert and how countermeasures may help defend against future threats.
Who Should Attend?
• IT professionals who operate as the IT support function in an organisation
• Professionals who need to understand how to effectively respond to a potential incident and quickly apply the necessary actions
• The course is also available as part of a workforce transformation program ensuring all IT staff are better defenders of their organisation’s network.
• Develop skills using fully immersive, hands-on training and a variety of tools
• Effectively discover host or network breaches in order to triage potential
• Understand how malware typically finds its way onto a system
• Understand variations of malware and cyber threats
• Gain knowledge of the fundamentals of Windows operating systems
• Gain knowledge of file systems and processes
• Interrogate the Windows Registry
• Perform volatile memory capture (RAM
• Perform forensic imaging
• Differentiate between law enforcement
and corporate incident response
• Perform network traffic forensics
• Perform disk-based forensics
• Find and identify important artefacts
• Report findings.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Bristol|