About the course
Open Source Intelligence
Our two day GCHQ certified Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) course will teach you to obtain intelligence from publicly available information. There is a wealth of information available from open sources, but locating and extracting it can prove difficult and time-consuming due to the sheer volume of data available. By employing focused collection and analysis techniques, effectively obtained information can support any number of business objectives. At the end of the course, you will have the necessary skills required to conduct independent online open source investigations while understanding and mitigating your own online digital footprint.
Understand the full range of sources available to the analyst by effectively
interrogating and exploiting open source intelligence in a lawful and constructive manner. This will help to build a full information picture and utilise techniques to evaluate source reliability and credibility.
Who Should Attend?
• Any professionals who have an operational need to effectively research
and collate publicly available information.
• How OSINT is used to collect public
information and identify potential cyberattack vectors
• How to gather personal information from
• The Deep Web and how to use deep
search engines to access unindexed data
• The benefits of using OSINT, SOCMINT,
IMINT, HUMINT, TECHINT and covert
sources to create a comprehensive
• How to access historic information and
deleted versions of websites
• The use of anonymisation (hidden)
• Geolocation and geospatial intelligence