About the course
Our three day GCHQ Certified GDPR Practitioner course will provide a practical overview of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The course discusses the requirements of the regulation, the obligations of all organisations that handle personal data and how measures
can be implemented to adhere to the regulation. Topics covered include; data protection and privacy, the rights of the data subject, data protection impact assessments, privacy by design and the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO).
• Understand the principles of data protection and privacy
• Develop and understanding and describe the requirements of GDPR
• List the rights of the data subject
• Describe the differences between the data controller and data processor
• Explain the need for Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA) and Privacy by Design
• Describe the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
• List the supervisory authorities and penalties of non-compliance with the
• Explain the data protection obligations of organisations outside of the EU
This course aims to give the learner a clear understanding of the requirements of GDPR and the methods used to protect personal
data and uphold the rights of the data subject.This knowledge can then be applied in supporting organisations to establish appropriate control measures and maintain compliance with the regulation.
Who Should Attend?
• Basic knowledge of business or technical process management is expected.
• Basic conceptual knowledge of corporate ICT systems is expected.
• Some prior experience of general business risk management would be
advantageous but is not essential.