Security Foundations training course ( Ireland)
Provided by BSI Cybersecurity and Information Resilience
About the course
Security Foundations training course
This one day theory based course has been designed by security consultants, which aims to provide candidates with an understanding of the principles of security, risk management and the role of cybersecurity professionals within an organization.
The course is designed with interactive discussions to focus the participants attention on the relevant risks facing organizations in the current evolving threat landscape.
The course provides participants with a comprehensive overview of information security threats as well as an understanding of appropriate risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
This course can be used as a platform to bridge gaps for those looking to progress to other security courses or to gain an understanding of information systems security.
Who should attend?
Candidates should have a general awareness of information systems and networking.
- Systems administrators
- Network staff
- IT managers,
- Data Protection Officers
- Managers looking to gain an understanding of information security
- Participants looking to progress onto a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or similar course who do not possess the required knowledge
What will I learn?
The programme is broken into ten modules:
- Module 1: Overview of information systems security
- Module 2: Threats to information security
- Module 3: Information security program structure
- Module 4: Policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- Module 5: Training and awareness
- Module 6: Asset classification
- Module 7: Identification, Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting (IAAA)
- Module 8: Physical security
- Module 9: Risk analysis and risk management
- Module 10: Business continuity planning
How will I benefit?
- Understand the key elements and structure of an information systems security program
- How to address the range of issues which security practitioners are faced with
- Awareness of information security policies
- Understand asset classifications and identity and access management
- Learn the process of risk management
- Gain a greater understanding of business continuity planning
- Comprehensive course notes
- A certificate of attendance