About the course
If you are interested in doing a Masters, there are many ways you can fund this. We have the £10,609 Postgraduate Loan available for UK/EU students along with scholarships and employer sponsorships. Get in touch with us if you would like to find out more.
This MSc will provide you with a recognised postgraduate qualification in Cyber Security Technology. The programme is designed specifically to enable you to update, extend and deepen your knowledge in Cyber Security and related technology and wider digital leadership and technology subjects, in order to enhance and accelerate your career opportunities.
The programme has been designed for those who have an undergraduate degree in any discipline who wish to study for a qualification which focuses on cyber security. The MSc in Cyber Security Technology is ideally suited to those who have no prior learning in cyber security, the modular content is reflective of this strategy.
- Designed for those wishing to develop or accelerate a career in Cyber Security and Management of Cyber Security
- Work related assessment wherever possible designed to deliver impact into your organisation
- Develop an understanding of the architectures and security concepts relevant to cloud computing and data storage
- Learn cutting edge computer security principles, models and technologies required to defend against security threats, attacks, vulnerabilities, threat actor types, critical security controls and cryptography types
- Delivered over 2 years in Part-Time mode – 15 weekends with supporting on-line or face to face tutorials as required
- Structured professional practice support for career development or transition, including a career review and development plan
What will I study?
The modular content has been designed to allow you to extend and deeper learning in specific areas in the areas of specialism which are relevant to you. For example, the digital leadership module is designed to support future career progression into roles where there is a requirement to manage other cyber specialists. It also provides a useful foundation for those seeking to pursue a career in cyber security in a role where you are required to perform security vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for networked information systems. Knowledge gained from studying the programme will enable you to conduct threat intelligence analysis to keep up to date with the changing threat landscape.
How will I be taught and assessed?
You’ll be taught using a range of methods such as workshops, tutorials, directed study and discussion forums, and led by experienced lecturers and academics who use their industry and research experience to demonstrate how the theories, tools, technologies and methods you will learn on the programme translate in to real life situations.
Careers and further study
This programme has been designed to ensure that graduates will be well equipped to work in a variety of careers in the cyber security/IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers. Indeed, the qualification is designed to accelerate your skills and competence in a range of job roles, including roles in leadership and management in IT, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst, Cyber Security Consultant, IT Security and Support Manager, Information Security professional and Business Analyst.
In addition, the specialist modules provide opportunities to develop your career in roles such as Big Data Security Analyst and Big Data Developer and also for a career in the networking field such as Network Analyst, Network Solution Architect, Network Engineer, Network Specialist and Network Manager.