About the course
If you are interested in doing a Masters, there are many ways you can fund this. We have the £10,609 Postgraduate Loan available for UK/EU students along with scholarships and employer sponsorships. Get in touch with us if you would like to find out more.
The MSc Information Security Management aims to develop your technical competences in information assurance, incident management, information governance alongside the enhancement of your leadership skills and ability to contribute to the development of organisational information security strategies, board level risk and crisis management strategies.
The Programme is designed specifically to enable you to update, extend and deepen your knowledge in Information Security and related Management and wider digital leadership and information security subjects, in order to enhance and accelerate your career opportunities. The MSc will enable you to develop and enhance your learning capability and to make sense of the need to continually improve your professional practice and career development in the areas of Information Security and related management issues.
- Designed for those wishing to develop or accelerate a career in Management of Cyber Security, including policy development and the management of remote teams
- Work related assessment wherever possible, designed to deliver impact in your organisation
- Learn how to protect the integrity, authenticity, availability and confidentiality of all classes of information including cyber security risk assessment
- Explore contemporary Information Security Management issues that considers the implications of if its impact and the alternative strategies that could mitigate or avoid its consequences
- Delivered over 2 years in Part-Time mode – 15 weekends with supporting on-line or face to face tutorials as required
- Structured professional practice support for career development or transition, including a career review and development plan
What will I study?
The modular content has been designed to allow you to extend and deeper learning in specific areas in the areas of specialism which are relevant to you. For example, the digital leadership module is designed to support future career progression into roles where there is a requirement to manage other cyber specialists. It also provides a useful foundation for those seeking to pursue a career in cyber security in a role where you are required to add something about a specialist module. Knowledge gained from studying the programme will enable you to conduct threat intelligence analysis to keep up to date with the changing threat landscape.
How will I be taught and assessed?
You’ll be taught using a range of methods such as workshops, tutorials, directed study and discussion forums, and led by experienced lecturers and academics who use their industry and research experience to demonstrate how the theories, tools, technologies and methods you will learn on the programme translate in to real life situations.
Careers and further study
Increasingly managers in a senior position find that they have become accountable for information security management in their organisation, particularly with GDPR, as the scope of their role creeps to include risk handling, management of cyber technologists and governance.
This MSc has been designed to ensure that graduates have a foundation in a range of information security competences such as information assurance, incident management and the information governance knowledge to support senior managers, in order to bridge the technical gap and contribute to organisational strategies and contingency planning.
You may be working in a variety of organisation types including the IT sector as a departmental or senior manager with responsibility for maintaining information security.
For more information please click below: