About the course
Leonardo – Engineering the Future
Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award winning scheme?
We are looking to recruit the technical and business experts of the future through our nationally recognised, award winning Apprenticeship Programmes
Leonardo’s four-year Cyber Security Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities including a Level 3 BTEC in ICT. The programme is tailored to provide a springboard into the world of Cyber Security, focused on the following areas:
· Protective Monitoring – analysing network, application, security device and system log events to identify potentially abnormal or malicious system or user behaviours and raise them as incidents. These will then be investigated and, if appropriate, escalated to customer or technical resources for remedial action.
· Incident Response – undertaking in-depth incident investigations, analysing malware, and conducting forensics acquisition and investigations including threat hunting and security research.
· Device Management – supporting the ICT infrastructure that underpins the Security Operation Centre and our client-based monitoring points, and maintaining security devices including the deployment of detection signatures and patches.
· Service Management – reporting, change management, service reviews, configuration management and Service Level Agreements.
Key Responsibility Areas
Years 1 and 2:
Through a mixture of work placements and specially selected college modules, you will develop the key skills and knowledge to work effectively in a high technology company, gaining the necessary academic credits for an NC in Cyber Security and vocational credits for your Extended Diploma NVQ.
Year 3 and 4:
You will be selected through a combination of academic/vocational progress to transfer onto one of our skill-specific paths, which include:
· Security Engineering
· Security Event Analytics
· Incident Response
· Threat Intelligence
Beyond the programme there may be the opportunity for you to further your academic and vocational achievements based on your talents and capability and needs of the business.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
· 5 x GCSE grades 4-9 or grades A* - C, to include English and Maths or equivalents
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- A passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving
A minimum of 5 years’ permanent residency in the UK
Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for me?
- Leonardo values its people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 3 performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition, so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. The deadline for applications is 13th March 2019 and roles will be closed as soon as they are offered. Assessment Centres for this area will take place between February and April 2019.