About the course
What is a Firebrand Cyber Intrusion Analyst Apprenticeship?
The apprentice will develop into the role of a Cyber Intrusion Analyst, learning to detect breaches in network security for escalation to incident response or other determined function.
A Cyber Intrusion Analyst will typically use a range of automated tools to monitor networks in real time, will understand and interpret the alerts that are automatically generated by those tools, including integrating and correlating information from a variety of sources and in different forms and, where necessary, seek additional information to inform the Analyst’s judgement on whether or not the alert represents a security breach.
Typical job role: Secure Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst, Intrusion Analyst, Network Intrusion Analyst, Incident Response Centre (IRC) Analyst & Network Operations Centre (NOC) Security Analyst.
What qualifications can Cyber Intrusion Analyst apprentices achieve?
Apprentices are independently assessed at the end of their programme to achieve the Cyber Intrusion Analyst Apprenticeship at a Pass, Merit or Distinction grade
- They'll achieve one vendor certification as defined in the Cyber Intrusion Analyst Standard and will also be assessed by Firebrand against Ofqal-regulated knowledge modules.
- Employers can buy additional exam vouchers, so apprentices can achieve more vendor certifications when they've gained the relevant work experience
- Apprentices will be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
How will Firebrand help?
Our programmes are fully customisable - so we'll help tailor your programme to suit both employer and apprentice
- We'll designate a Programme Facilitator, who'll guide and support employers, mentors and apprentices throughout the programme
- We run courses throughout the year, meaning training can be scheduled around the progress of apprentices and their job role
- Travel and expenses are kept to a minimum, due to our residential and fully inclusive training
Because we've delivered 100s of Tech Industry Gold Trailblazer apprenticeships already, we make things efficient and easy - leaving you to concentrate on apprentice needs and development