What is a Firebrand Cyber Intrusion Analyst Apprenticeship?
The apprentice will develop into the role of a Cyber Intrusion Analyst, learning to detect breaches in network security for escalation to incident response or other determined function.
A Cyber Intrusion Analyst will typically use a range of automated tools to monitor networks in real time, will understand and interpret the alerts that are automatically generated by those tools, including integrating and correlating information from a variety of sources and in different forms and, where necessary, seek additional information to inform the Analyst’s judgement on whether or not the alert represents a security breach.
Typical job role: Secure Operations Centre (SOC) Analyst, Intrusion Analyst, Network Intrusion Analyst, Incident Response Centre (IRC) Analyst & Network Operations Centre (NOC) Security Analyst.
What qualifications can Cyber Intrusion Analyst apprentices achieve?
- Apprentices are independently assessed at the end of their programme to achieve the Cyber Intrusion Analyst Apprenticeship at a Pass, Merit or Distinction grade
- They'll achieve one vendor certification as defined in the Cyber Intrusion Analyst Standard and will also be assessed by Firebrand against Ofqal-regulated knowledge modules.
- Employers can buy additional exam vouchers, so apprentices can achieve more vendor certifications when they've gained the relevant work experience
- Apprentices will be recognised by the British Computer Society (BCS) for entry onto the register of IT Technicians, confirming SFIA level 3 professional competence.
How will Firebrand help?
- Our programmes are fully customisable - so we'll help tailor your programme to suit both employer and apprentice
- We'll designate a Programme Facilitator, who'll guide and support employers, mentors and apprentices throughout the programme
- We run courses throughout the year, meaning training can be scheduled around the progress of apprentices and their job role
- Travel and expenses are kept to a minimum, due to our residential and fully inclusive training
- Because we've delivered 100s of Tech Industry Gold Trailblazer apprenticeships already, we make things efficient and easy - leaving you to concentrate on apprentice needs and development