About the course
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT Training
Prepare to pass the CGEIT exam at the first attempt
The ISACA CGEIT qualification is a worldwide symbol of excellence in IT governance that combines the achievement of passing a comprehensive exam with recognition of work, management and educational experience. Achieving CGEIT status will provide you with wider recognition in the employment marketplace, as well as increased influence as a senior manager or director working at board level.
Our CGEIT exam preparation course is designed to ensure that you pass the challenging CGEIT exam first time. Delivered in just four days, this course has been designed to maximise time effectiveness and reduce any unnecessary time away from the office. It has also been shown to be considerably more effective than self-study preparation, which requires more time and commitment.
The course includes:
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Comprehensive revision documentation (digital copy provided as a PDF); and
- A certificate of attendance.
Day 1: 09.30 – 17.30
Day 2: 09.00 – 17.30
Day 3: 09.00 – 17.30
Day 4: 09.00 – 17.30
What will you learn on this course?
This training course provides intensive revision and preparation for the CGEIT exam, across all of the CGEIT job practice areas (updated 2013):
Domain 1 – Framework for the Governance of Enterprise IT (25%)
Domain 2 – Strategic Management (20%)
Domain 3 – Benefits Realization (16%)
Domain 4 – Risk Optimization (24%)
Domain 5 – Resource Optimization (15%)
The percentages indicate the emphasis of questions on the exam paper. During the course you will cover the following aspects for each Domain:
- Task and knowledge statements
- Practice exam questions
The course also includes a full practice exam, and covers handy hints and tips for further revision.
Why train with us?
- Acknowledged leader in ISO 27001, information security, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and business continuity management training.
- Highly experienced trainers.
- Guaranteed to run: we never cancel a course.
- Free attendance on a future course if you are unsuccessful in the exam.
Highly experienced CGEIT trainer
The classroom session is led by Dr Geoff Harmer, who has more than 29 years’ experience in the IT industry. Dr Harmer has been awarded Chartered Engineer (CEng), Fellow of the British Computer Society (FBCS), Chartered Information Technology Professional (CITP) and Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT) status. He is an accredited lecturer in ITIL with the Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB), for COBIT 5 with ISACA, and for ISO 20000 with APMG (formerly itSMF). He is also an associate lecturer in technology with the Open University.
The CGEIT exam is not included in this training course and candidates must book their computer-based testing exam session directly with ISACA. Our experience shows that candidates have the highest chance of success if they sit the exam approximately two to three weeks after attending this training course. This course supports your continued professional development by qualifying for 28 CPE/CPD points. See our dedicated CGEIT Campus page for more details.
Exam results and certificates
- Where exams are taken online (either remotely or by computer in the classroom), provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- Where exams are done in paper form, we aim to make confirmed exam results available within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- For both online and paper exams, certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Who should attend this course?
- IT managers and directors who want to develop a career in IT governance.
- IT consultants/contractors who want to advise larger organisations in IT governance.
This course is designed for IT professionals preparing to take the CGEIT examination via a computer-based testing session, which is available during three testing windows per year. Candidates who pass the exam and have at least five years of relevant work experience will be awarded the CRISC™ qualification.
Duration: 4 Day
Cost: £1,595 + VAT
Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Edinburgh|