*New* Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner Training Course
Provided by Synergie Training
About the course
Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Practitioner Training Course
Learn how to be GDPR compliant
The four-day Certified EU GDPR Practitioner course builds on the GDPR Foundation qualification to equip participants with the knowledge and operational skills to build, implement and manage a compliance programme under the GDPR.
The course focuses on the application of the Regulation, how the data protection principles work in practice, the policies and procedures necessary, and practical guidance on how to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance programme. This includes using:
- A real-life case study to demonstrate best practices and methodologies;
- A data protection impact assessment (DPIA) tool to help assess and address privacy risks; and
- A GDPR compliance gap assessment tool to help prepare a compliance plan.
The tools are included free of charge for all participants to use in the workplace.
Accredited GDPR training and certification
Course certification will help individuals to demonstrate competency in data protection compliance and the required knowledge to fulfill the role of a DPO under the GDPR.
Participants who pass the course exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR P qualification by IBITGQ. It is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B2 and C3.
Please note that you must have passed the Certified EU GDPR Foundation exam before you can attend this course.
Learn from the experts
Delivered by an experienced data protection consultant, the course is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience advising on implementing compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001.
Day 1: 09.30 – 17.00
Day 2: 09.15 – 17.00
Day 3: 09.15 – 17.00
Day 4: 09.15 – 17.00
What will you learn on this course?
- The role of the data protection officer (DPO).
- What constitutes personal data.
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and a personal information management system (PIMS).
- Lessons to be learned from common data security failures.
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance.
- The security of personal data.
- An organisational risk management framework.
- Legal requirements for a DPIA.
How to conduct a DPIA with a DPIA tool.
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise.
- The rights of data subjects.
- Giving and withdrawing consent.
- Handling data subject access requests (DSARs).
- The roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them.
- Transferring personal data outside the EU and the mechanisms for compliance.
- How to become GDPR compliant using a compliance gap assessment tool.
- A real-life case study;
- A DPIA tool;
- A GDPR compliance gap assessment tool; and
- Course slides.
The tools are included free of charge for all attendees to use in the workplace.
EU GDPR Practitioner exam
Attendees take the EU GDPR P exam at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for this exam.
This course is part of our unique EU GDPR learning path, which also includes the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course. It also supports continued professional development programmes by qualifying for 28 CPD/CPE credits.
Please note that all IBITGQ exams are now online exams, so you will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1-2 days before sitting the exam.
Exam results and certificates
- Where exams are taken online (either remotely or by computer in the classroom), provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- Where exams are done in paper form, we aim to make confirmed exam results available within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- For both online and paper exams, certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Who should attend this course?
Managers with responsibility or involvement for making sure their organisations become GDPR compliant, such as:
- Privacy managers;
- Data protection managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Individuals with little experience but who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification.
Are there entry requirements?
All attendees must have knowledge of the EU GDPR and have passed the Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation exam.
Duration: 4 Day
Cost: £1,795 + VAT
GDPR Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland