About the course
Incident Response Management Foundation Training Course
Attend this course and learn how to:
- Identify critical information assets;
- Identify and evaluate existing security controls;
- Identify and distinguish between vulnerabilities, risks and threats;
- Perform a business impact analysis;
- Plan and design an incident response management programme;
- Develop an incident response team;
- Devise incident response testing scenarios; and
- Establish a framework for continual improvement.
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand key definitions and legal requirements that underpin incident response.
- Identify the components of the cyber kill chain, recognise common cyber threats and understand common threat actors.
- Define the structure, role and responsibilities of the incident response team.
- Comprehend the seven stages of incident response.
- Propose the steps to formulate and test an incident response plan and define the scope of a business impact analysis.
- Apply incident response techniques to common risk scenarios.
- Know the role of cyber resilience in supporting incident response management.
- Manage communications and reporting requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS Directive).
- Managers who are already involved in incident management with either an information security or data protection background.
- Individuals with little experience who are keen to enter the field or broaden their knowledge of incident management with a professional qualification, such as:
- Business managers
- Compliance managers
- IT managers
- Helpdesk managers
- Quality managers
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Information security managers
- ISO 27001 lead auditors
- IT and other staff, including HR, legal and business users
- PCI QSAs
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £495 + VAT
Incident Response Management Foundation Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness, Edinburgh|