About the course
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) Training Course
Designed by experts
Designed by the team that led the world’s first successful ISO 27001 implementation project.
Delivered by professionals
An experienced ISO 27001 practitioner and consultant will teach you how to achieve compliance with the Standard.
Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
A complete introduction to ISO 27001
Get an insight into the components of ISO 27001 in just one day.
Improve your professional development and build your career path
This course supports professional development: attendees who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) qualification by IBITGQ (International Board for IT Governance Qualifications).
Attending this course means you also qualify for 7 CPD/CPE credits. The course fits well with the CISSP® and SSCP® Continued Professional Education Programme.
Day 1: 9.30 am – 5.00 pm
What will you learn on this course?
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of an ISMS.
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
The course includes:
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination; and
- A certificate of attendance.
IT Governance courses are guaranteed to run – we never cancel a course.
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination
Attendees sit the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination – a 60-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ – at the end of the course. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
This course is part of our unique ISO 27001 Learning Pathway which includes the ISO27001 Certified Lead Implementer, Risk Management, Lead Auditorand Internal Auditor courses.
Please note that all IBITGQ exams are now online exams, so you will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue.
Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Exam results and certificates
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
No prior knowledge or qualifications are required and the course content is suitable for non-technical and technical staff.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management.
Duration: 1 Day
Cost: £550 + VAT
ISO27001 Certified Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness|