About the course
*New* ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer Course (CIS LI)
Designed by experts
Designed by the team that led the world’s first successful ISO 27001 implementation project.
Delivered by professionals
Real-world practitioners show you how to tackle an ISMS project from start to finish.
Nine steps to success
Learn about the nine steps to ISO 27001 success.
Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
Fast-track to certification
Achieve a globally recognised ISO 27001 qualification certificated to ISO 17024 in just three days.
Our lead implementer course is always fully booked.
Improve your professional development and build your career path
Achieve the ISO 17024-certificated ISO27001 CIS LI qualification awarded by IBITGQ (based on passing an exam).
This course is also accredited by The Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, G1, H1 and H2.
The CIS LI qualification is acknowledged by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) as an approved qualification that meets the requirements of an individual applying to become a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
Day 1: 9:30 am–5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
What will you learn on this course?
- Why information security management is important to an organisation.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
CIS LI examination
Attendees sit the online ISO27001 CIS LI examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ. There is no extra charge for taking this exam.
Please note that all IBITGQ exams are now online exams, so you will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue.
Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email shortly before sitting the exam.
Exam results and certificates
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
This course enables attendees to qualify for 21 CPD/CPE credits, and fits well with the CISSP® and SSCP® Continued Professional Education Programme.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer or as part of an implementation team.
This course also meets the requirements of the PCI SSC for additional QSA qualifications and, in the UK, is covered by the MoD’s ELCAS scheme.
Duration: 3 Day
Cost: £1,795 + VAT
ISO27001 Certified Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness|