ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) Training Course Course highlights Designed by experts
Provided by Synergie Training
About the course
*New* ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) Training Course (4.5 Day)
Designed by experts
Designed by IT Governance Director Steve Watkins, who is also a technical assessor for the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS), where he helps with the assessment of certification bodies, enabling them to award ISO 27001 certificates of compliance.
Delivered by professionals
Real-world practitioners show you how to tackle an ISMS project from start to finish.
Led by specialists
An experienced ISO 27001 auditor and practitioner will explain how to lead an audit from start to finish.
Aligned with best practice
Aligned with the best-practice ISO 19011:2011 (Guidelines for auditing management systems) audit methodology.
Gain experience of practical application of the audit process to ISO management systems through discussion and role play.
At just £1,000 for four-and-a-half days of training, we won’t be beaten on price.
Our Lead Auditor course is always fully booked.
Understand how to effectively monitor conformance of an ISMS to ISO 27001
The ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor Training Course supports professional development: attendees who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated CIS LA qualification by IBITGQ.
This course is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP), and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A3, A7, C1, C2, D2, E3, F2, H1 and H2; and at Level 1+: A2, A4, A5, A6, B1, B2, D1, E1, E2, F1 and G1
Day 1: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:15 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:15 am – 5:00 pm
Day 4: 9:15 am – 5:00 pm
Day 5: 9:15 am – 1:30 pm
What will you learn on this course?
- An overview of the structure and major requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
- An overview of the audit process used by certification bodies.
- The purpose, benefits and core principles of effective auditing.
- Common auditing terms and definitions.
- Critical skills required for conducting an audit.
- Best-practice audit methodology based on ISO 19011.
- How to establish, maintain and manage an audit programme.
- How to plan, conduct, report, summarise and follow up on an audit.
- Effective interviewing techniques and observation skills.
- How to use audits to identify nonconformities and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- How to assess and evaluate the competence of auditors.
- Accredited certification audit specifics.
- How the audit process is used in first-, second- and third-party audits.
- How to apply continual improvement of the ISMS.
CIS LA examination
Take the CIS LA examination at the end of the course – a 90-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ.
There is no extra charge for taking this exam.
CIS LA is acknowledged by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) as an approved qualification, meeting the requirements of an application for an individual to become a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
Please note that all IBITGQ exams are now online exams, so you will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue.
Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1-2 days before sitting the exam.
Exam results and certificates
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at people who want an internationally recognised ISO 27001 lead auditor qualification to further their careers, and at managers who are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
This course also meets the requirements of the PCI SSC for additional QSA qualifications and, in the UK, is covered by the MoD’s ELCAS scheme.
Duration: 4.5 Day
Cost: £1,000 + VAT
ISO27001 Certified Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness|