About the course
New* Managing Cyber Security Risk Training Course
The world’s first certificated cyber security management course.
Modern organisations face the constant threat of cyber attack. Creating an effective cyber risk strategy to mitigate the risk of cyber crime is the only way to ensure your survival, but cyber security management can be complex and costly. With so many standards, best practices and technical controls to choose from, how do you get started on your plan?
The three-day Managing Cyber Security Risk classroom training course builds on basic foundation-level knowledge of information security management practices to equip practitioners with the expertise to manage cyber security risk and meet compliance objectives in organisations of any size. It also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification by IBITGQ.
Drawing on real-life case studies, an experienced senior information risk consultant will provide you with insights to enable you to create a blueprint for a plan that not only includes the implementation of technical measures (controls) but also takes into account the people, processes, governance, leadership and culture in your organisation.
Day 1: 09.30 – 17.00
Day 2: 09.15 – 17.00
Day 3: 09.15 – 17.00
What will you learn on this course?
- The nature of cyber risk and types of cyber attack.
- The difference between cyber security and cyber resilience.
- Practical lessons with examples of real cyber breaches.
- An understanding of current cyber security standards and best practices:
- PAS 555
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 20 Critical Controls for Cyber Defence
- Cyber Essentials scheme
- ISO 27001 and integrated management systems
- Links to other standards, including ISO 20000
- Other frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT 5, the PCI DSS and RESILIA
- The role and the importance of people, processes and technology.
- Approaches to risk management, cyber incident response and business continuity.
- How ISO 27001 provides a backbone for protecting your organisation.
- Why ISO 22301 is essential to achieving cyber resilience in the event of an attack.
Gain the Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification
This course will prepare you for the examination, which takes place on the last day of the training programme. Successful candidates will be awarded the Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification, issued by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ). There is no extra charge for taking the exam at the end of the course.
This course also qualifies for 21 CPD/CPE credits.
Duration: 3 Day
Cost: £1,695 + VAT
Cyber Security Risk Training Scotland, Inverness, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and onsite courses throughout Scotland
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Glasgow, Aberdeen, Inverness|