About the course
Are you GDPR Compliant?
The CIPA designation is a globally recognized certification for Information Privacy Audit, Assurance and Security professionals. CIPA is currently the only GDPR focused auditing qualification available in the United Kingdom.
Aligned to the Information Commissioner’s Office Auditing standard, CIPA is currently the only GDPR focused auditing qualification available in the United Kingdom.
The course delivers the required skillset to Audit and Report on an organisations GDPR Compliance status. It is the standard of achievement for those who audit, monitor and assess information privacy frameworks, covering all aspects of Data Protection.
Being ClPA certified proves your Information Privacy systems audit experience, skills and knowledge, and demonstrates you are capable to assess vulnerabilities, report on compliance and recommend controls within the enterprise.
Our CIPA Certification course also attracts 20 CPD hours.
The Benefits of obtaining the CIPA designation
• Confirms your knowledge and experience in Data Protection Auditing
• Quantifies and markets your expertise
• Demonstrates that you have gained and maintained the level of knowledge required to meet the dynamic challenges of a modern enterprise
• Is globally recognized as the mark of excellence for the Information Privacy Audit professional
• Increases your value to your organization
• Gives you a competitive advantage over peers when seeking a new role
• Are highly qualified, experienced professionals
• Provide the enterprise with a certification for Information Privacy Assurance that is recognize d by multinational clients, lending credibility to the enterprise
• Are excellent indicators of proficiency in control requirements creation and monitoring
• Demonstrate competence in five domains, including standards and practices; organization and management; processes; integrity, confidentiality and availability; and software development, acquisition and maintenance
• Demonstrate a commitment to providing the enterprise with trust in and value from your Privacy Compliance Framework
• Maintain ongoing professional development for successful on -the -job performance
How to become a CIPA
The CIPA designation is awarded to individuals with an interest in Privacy Compliance Framework auditing, control and security who meet the following requirements:
Attendance at a recognised CIPA training course
The CIPA course is offered through our network of Approved Training Providers at facilities across the United Kingdom. Courses are offered year round
Achieving a passing score in the CIPA examination
All delegates attending an official training course will be offered the opportunity to sit the associated examination. To pass the examination, a passing score of 70% must be obtained by answering a combination of scenario based multiple choice questions. There are 5 scenarios with 120 multiple choice questions covering the scope of the exam. Questions cover the 4 key areas of the training course, namely People, Process, Technology and Environment. Successful examination candidates will be issued with a Certificate confirming a passing grade along with the relevant CPD certificate. For a more detailed description of the exam see CIPA Certification Job Practice.
Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
Members of the Privacy Professionals Partnership and/or holders of the CIPA designation agree to a Code of Professional Ethics to guide professional and personal conduct.
Adherence to the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Program
The objectives of the Continuing Professional Education program are to maintain an individual's competency by requiring continual updating of knowledge and skills in the areas of information governance, privacy, technical controls and Audit, as well as to Provide a mechanism for monitoring information systems audit, control and security professionals' maintenance of their competency.
To see our latest delivery dates and locations, please enquire via email.