The Ironhack Cybersecurity Bootcamp covers the hands-on and practical skills necessary for Bootcampers to land high-paying careers in cybersecurity, one of the world’s fastest growing industries.
The bootcamp is an accelerated cybersecurity training program designed to successfully prepare people with little or no background in IT for entry level jobs in cybersecurity, a highly in-demand and lucrative career path.
Ironhack is an international school that was founded in 2013, with campuses in Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, Lisbon, Madrid, Mexico City, Miami, Paris, London and more, that was founded to disrupt the way we learn about technology.
We have helped over 10,000 graduates around the world launch their careers in tech!
Our students go on to join some of the leading companies in the world like Google, Visa, Twitter, Amazon, Tesla, IBM, Glovo, CapGemini, Accenture and more!
In the UK, we offer remote courses which allow for the flexibility of studying from anywhere, combined with in-person tech community events at our London hub!
Before you become an official student, you will be given 20 hours of online learning material. This pre-work will familiarize you with what a computer is, how operating systems work, and what networks are. This knowledge will get you ready for learning Cybersecurity and prepared to thrive in our fast-paced learning process during the bootcamp.
Module 1 - Understanding the principles of cybersecurity
In Module 1 (weeks 1-4) we will onboard you on everything that is necessary to have a cybersecurity mindset:
- Basics of computer, device hardware, software, processes, networking traffic, routing protocols, etc.
- Hands-on operation of a computer network, analysis of network topologies, use of virtual machines
- System and network admin concepts, management principles and controls
- Overview of threats, classes, attackers, tactics and security principles, protocols, components, and architectures.
Module 2 - Security and Threats
In this module (weeks 5-8) you will learn how to understand and build a security program as well as to identify and tackle the principles and most common threats in today’s environment:
- Assessment of Access Controls and Hardening Techniques to ensure a network's security, as well as learning how to configurate and use a Firewall.
- Development of your own detection and prevention system as well as use & configuration of an event management system to detect and analyze threats.
- Deep dive on cyber-forensic methodologies and investigation.
- Performance of a vulnerability and compliance scanning as well as reporting of an incident response, a damage assessment or an incident triage, along with tracking and monitoring.
Module 3 - Real projects for your new career
During the last module of the Bootcamp (weeks 9-12) you will be starting to protect real time Cyber Attacks while improving your acquired knowledge in previous modules, performing a security analysis and architecture evaluation as well as running static and dynamic analysis from different data sources.
- Analysis of cyber-defense and system security trends
- Risk and security management process
- Advising on disaster recovery, contingency, and continuity.
- Final hands-on scenarios to establish the pillars of your new rock solid knowledge to get you prepared for your new career!
End of bootcamp: Careerhack
Careerhack is Ironhack's Career Services program. It's designed to help Ironhackers identify their ideal outcome, and reach it as fast as possible. We've helped thousands of students land their dream job in tech. Discover how we will help you!"