About the course
ISO/IEC 27001 introductory course will introduce you to the requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001, providing you with an introduction to the issues an information security management system.
Security and IT professionals, those responsible for risk and audit or project managers responsible for ISO27001 compliance programmes.
There are no pre-requisites. However, we recommend that all delegates familiarise themselves with BS ISO_IEC 27001_2017, and BS ISO_IEC 27002_2017.
- Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2017
- Principles of information assets
- Introduction to an ISMS
- Understanding Risk assessment and management
- Overview of a Statement of Applicability
- Why do you need certification to ISO 27001?
- The relationship between ISO27001, and ISO27002
- Introduce Information Security Management System
- Over view of the stages of the ISMS
- Defining an Information Security Policy
- Defining the scope of the ISMS
- What are information assets, and identifying them?
- Conducting risk assessments
- Risk measurement
Online content and modular video that can be streamed directly to your computer or mobile device so you can learn wherever you are.
Related learning information
We pride ourselves on the unrivalled quality of the training delivered by our experienced learning teams. Every course will teach relevant new skills that can be applied back in the workplace to improve performance.
Flexible learning options
We offer a range of flexible learning options to suit different learning styles and accommodate busy schedules, including traditional classroom courses, innovative virtual training and a range of eLearning solutions.
We offer over 500 QA Authored courses, designed by our subject-matter experts to complement the courses offered by leading vendors and develop skills that are immediately applicable in the workplace.
Resources to aid learning
With QA you will have access to a myQA account to manage your schedule and access extra content. We also provide exclusive training videos on demand and free revision emails for certain courses.
First-class learning centres
All QA learning centres provide free high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary refreshments, a comfortable lounge to relax in between sessions, state-of-the-art personal workstations, and IT labs facilities for relevant courses.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|