About the course
This comprehensive one day course is aimed at Cyber Security and Information Assurance training for IAOs and for senior managers with responsibility for protecting and exploiting business critical information.
IAOs will be provided with a safe and stimulating forum to discuss roles and responsibilities, key issues and challenges, along with examples of best practice. The course will equip IAOs with indepth knowledge and opportunities to apply their learning through real-world case studies and to effect change in their role immediately.
This specialist level course provides IAOs with:
• Knowledge and understanding of why Cyber Security is critical to business operations;
• Developing an understanding of how Cyber Security impacts their role as IAOs and identification of wider business implications;
• Increases awareness of Government- and Industryrecommended best practice;
• Awareness of the multiple threats and consequences (both external and internal);
• An overview of current and forthcoming laws, legal rights and responsibilities that are expected and required of IAOs;
• Government and Industry best practice on: strategy and governance; information assurance; risk management and risk appetite – including how to create and manage Risk Balance Cases (RBCs);
• Understanding and advice regarding best practices in relation to metrics and reporting;
• The confidence to deal with issues through application of real world case studies and scenarios;
• Future support and advice, including where to find further information in support of the IAO role.