About the course
Who Should Attend?
IT Security Centre Personnel, Auditors, Cyber Security Experts, Site or System Managers, Network Administrators.
Prerequisites Basic knowledge of networks.Course Syllabus
• Protocols of the TCP/IP protocol stack
• Operation principles of different layers of the TCP/IP stack and threats
targeting these layers
• Security vulnerabilities of TCP/IP protocols and mitigation techniques
• Techniques, protocols and devices that are used to assure network security
• Packet capturing software such as Wireshark, analysis of packets and
• Concepts such as SSL, IPSec, VPN and digital certificates
• Network components such as Firewall, IDS/IPS and Proxy
Applied work about the security of TCP/IP networks will bring a wealth of information and capabilities to the attendees. The attendees are expected to apply good security practices in their institutions’ network.