he Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) course is designed to provide the foundation of knowledge necessary for individuals who have information security responsibilities as part of their day to day role, or who are thinking of moving into an information security or related function. It also provides the opportunity for those already within these roles to enhance or refresh their knowledge and in the process gain a qualification, recognised by industry, which demonstrates the level of knowledge gained.
Why should you attend?
This course is intended for those with an interest in information security either as a potential career or as an additional part of their general business knowledge.
Knowledge of IT would be advantageous but not essential. An understanding of the general principles of information technology security would be useful. Awareness of the issues involved with security control activity would be advantageous.
The course consists of ten modules:
- Module 1 – Information Security Management Principles
- Module 2 – Information Risk
- Module 3 – Information Security Framework
- Module 4 – Procedural/People Security Controls
- Module 5 – Technical Security Controls
- Module 6 – Software Development and Lifecycle
- Module 7 - Physical and Environmental Control
- Module 8 - Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
- Module 9 – Other technical Aspects
- Module 10 – Preparation for the CISMP Examination and Mock Exam
At the end of each module the student is able to undertake an on-line assessment to assess their understanding of the information provided in that module.
On attending this course you will be provided with:
- Full colour, perfect bound course book containing all course slides and notes (612 pages)
- A copy of the Information Security Management principles book, published by the BCS
- Sample exam questions
These are yours to keep so you can re-run the course as many times as you wish or use them for future reference.