About the course
CISM Training Course
An intensive and complete training course to help delegates pass the CISM exam first time, with expert knowledge from leading trainers. This four-day exam preparation course provides a comprehensive revision programme for the key job practice knowledge domains as well as exam preparation exercises that help delegates pass the exam at the first attempt. The exam isn’t included in course, but we recommend you book your exam for 2-4 weeks after attending the course. See all UK training venue details.
"Sean's delivery was fantastic and engaging… his knowledge of the subject was fantastic and has very relatable case studies or stories to refer to. Would recommend the course for the trainer alone." - Adam Carter, Senior Commercial Bid and Programme Manager, NSSL Global.
The CISM training course outline
The ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) qualification promotes internationally recognised security practices and supports the individual who manages, designs, oversees and assesses an enterprise’s information security. Launched in 2002, CISM is globally known and held by over 40,000 IT professionals worldwide.
The CISM Exam Preparation course is a classroom training session, which provides a comprehensive revision programme for the key job practice knowledge domains as well as exam preparation exercises that help delegates pass the exam at the first attempt. Delivered in just four days, this course has been designed to maximise time effectiveness and reduce any unnecessary time away from the office. It has also been shown to be more considerably more effective than self-study preparation, which requires more time and commitment.
This course is part of our ISACA Examination Preparation Programme which is designed to provide an intensive and complete preparation to help delegates pass the CISA, CISM, CGEIT or CRISC exams.
"Sean was very knowledgeable on CISM and the wider Information Security work, which helped to put it all into context."
- Pujan, Information Security Manager
"Sean was great throughout, made the course interesting and clearly has a vast knowledge of the subject. Coped very well with questions even when off topic."
- Richard, Asset Manager
The benefits of the CISM training course
- A CISM certification enables the professional to understand the relationship between the information security programme and broader business goals and objectives
- The certification is crucial for on-going education to run and deploy of the stringent security system.
- The firm hiring the professionals’ gains and retains more customers owing to the deployment of the stringent security system.
- This is one of the most recognised qualifications desired some of the top multinational clients and organisations.
- 9/10 would recommend this course to a friend or colleague
- 97% found the course content met their expectations
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
Watch our short video on the benefits of training with IT Governance.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Maximise time effectiveness - reduce unnecessary time away from the office with a comprehensive revision programme that is proven to be more considerably more effective than self-study preparation.
- We’re acknowledged leaders in ISO 27001, information security, the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and business continuity management training.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Choose the training method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options. This video shows you the different options available to you.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
* conditions applicable
What does the CISM training course cover?
This session is presented by Sean Hanna, who is an ISACA-approved trainer and a highly experienced information security consultant. Sean will review the information associated with the following CISM job practice domains:
Domain 1: Information Security Governance
Domain 2: Information Risk Management
Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- An initial CISM knowledge assessment;
- Final exam preparation with example practice questions; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
Our course materials are provided as a PDF with comments enabled. You should bring a laptop or tablet with you should you wish to make notes.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 10.00 – 18:00
Days 2: 09.00 – 18:00
Days 3: 09.00 – 18:00
Days 4: 09.00 – 15:00
This course is equivalent to 28 CPD/CPE points.
Who should attend the CISM course?
This course is designed for IT and IT security directors and managers, auditors, and consultants are jobs roles most commonly pursuing CISM. This certification can also benefit chief information officers (CIOs), CISOs, CEOs and Chief Financial Officers (CFOs).
The CISM training course exam
The CISM exam is not included in this training course and delegates must book their Computer-Based Testing (CBT) exam session directly with ISACA. Exam registration is continuous, meaning, delegates can register any time, no restrictions. Delegates can schedule a testing appointment as early as 48 hours after payment of exam registration fees.
Upon registration, exam candidates have a twelve month eligibility period to take their exam. This means that from the date you register, you have 12 months (365 days) to take your exam. It is important to note that the exam registration fee must be paid in full before an exam candidate can schedule and take an exam.
Our experience shows that delegates have the highest chance of success if they sit the exam approximately two to four weeks after completing the training course. See our dedicated CISM page for more details.
The CISM exam is a 4-hour exam consisting of 150 multiple choice questions that cover the respective job practice areas created from the most recent job practice analysis.
What qualifications will I receive?
Upon passing the CISM exam and successful certification application you will be awarded the ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) qualification.
For the certification application the following requirements must be met:
- Pass the CISM exam within the last 5 years.
- Have the relevant full-time work experience in the CISM Job Practice Areas.
- Submit the CISA Certification Application including the Application Processing Fee.
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
Provisional exam results will be available immediately after completing the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt, we will train you again for free. You can then book and retake the exam directly with ISACA.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
While there are no prerequisites to attend this course, please be aware that this is an exam preparation course and all attendees are expected to have a basic understanding of the CISM job practice knowledge domains. The CISM Review Manual and CISM Review, Questions, Answers and Explanation Manual are essential for tuition and are used throughout the course. These books are part of the CISM Exam Passport.
Is there any pre-reading?
We recommend you purchase one or more of the following as they are essential for tuition and used throughout the course:
CISM Review Manual
CISM Review, Questions, Answers and Explanation Manual
Both of the above are part of the CISM Exam Passport.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|24 Nov 2020||London|