About the course
Kick-start your career in cyber security management.
Understand the principles of information security and achieve an industry-recognised qualification in just one week. With a 96% pass rate in 2017, our CISMP training course will provide you with a base level of knowledge suitable for future progression towards the CISSP and CISM examinations.
CISMP is an established and internationally recognised foundation-level qualification that demonstrates a good knowledge of information security management.
Accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) and delivered by an experienced cyber security consultant, our five-day training course prepares you for the CISMP exam, held on the final day of the course, and enables you put your new knowledge and skills to work instantly.
Situated in convenient locations across central London, our training venues offer an optimum classroom setting that provides an ideal learning environment to enhance your training experience. CISMP is acknowledged across the UK and is approved by the government in the Certified Professional training scheme.
What will you learn?
Delegates gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity, including:
- The concepts relating to information security management, including: confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA); vulnerabilities and threats; risks; and countermeasures.
- The current national legislation and regulations that affect information security management.
- The current national and international standards (such as ISO 27001), frameworks and organisations that facilitate the management of information security.
- The current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate.
- The categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
Who should attend this course?
- IT professionals who wish to develop a career in information security management.
- Existing IT managers who want to enhance their information security knowledge to ensure that information security management and controls are adequately implemented in their organisation.
BCS CESG Certified Professional Scheme
For IT professionals working in the UK public sector, a pass in the CISMP examination is required to qualify for all roles at practitioner-level in the CESG Certified Professional Scheme, which provides a means of independent assessment and verification for those working in information assurance (IA), and which has been widely adopted by national and local government organisations.
In addition, as part of working with BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, all successful BCS candidates are eligible for a year’s free Associate Membership, enabling them to get more from their professional certification and to support their career development.
While there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that all delegates have some knowledge of information technology. We recommend that all delegates purchase and read Information Security Management Principles, the approved BCS reference book for this course and examination.